Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti-malarial tabs - your advice experiences sought

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
You can get some amazing dreams off Larium, I had some friends who used to look forward to Larium night!

I took Larium when i went to Tanzania, and as you say had some mad dreams. Don't normally remember them too well the next morning, but these were very clear (and quite violent ..)
A bit scary and nice at same time..weird..!

My wife had same dosage, and didn't have a thing..

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
It's all about Larium, you take it once a week and that night you have the most amazing dreams ever. Never feel sick or anything, sleep fine all good the next morning.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Doxycycline for me, have been using it for years and no side effects at all.

A tip, if you buy antimalarials in this country, buy them online - much cheaper or do what I do,
buy a few days worth here and buy the rest when you arrive, you'll save a fortune.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Out of those three, I've only ever taken Malarone. I've used it on numerous occasions and have never suffered from any side effects.

This - recently back from Cambodia, no problems, just take them when you eat. Worth paying the extra.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Some great experiences and advice there folks - much appreciated.

I'm visiting Uganda for 12 days [some quite remote areas in the North]
Kenya for 6 days [Mackakos - about an hour from Nairobi]
Then 12 days in KwuZula Natal region of South Africa, inc Kruger Park, Sabie & Lydenburg.

Looks like Malarone then.

Next question - private prescriptions?
Asda sell Malarone over the counter [from their Pharmacy desk] - but @ £2.50 per tab
Superdrug are £2.20 per tab, but require a prescription - practice nurse says PP no prob and free [at the mo]
But why the difference?
Most online places seem to want a PP too.
Can you really trust online - don't want no placebo / fake.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Then 12 days in KwuZula Natal region of South Africa, inc Kruger Park, Sabie & Lydenburg.

Asda sell Malarone over the counter [from their Pharmacy desk] - but @ £2.50 per tab
Superdrug are £2.20 per tab, but require a prescription - practice nurse says PP no prob and free [at the mo]
But why the difference?

I've always used Superdrug. A prescription has always been easy to get hold of, and I didn't want to run the risk of trusting pills from an online supplier.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

But why the difference?

I went to Uganda in September. Fabulous country, you'll love it. And I took malerone with no problems. Much better than doxycycline.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
dont take them - they will mess with you in lots of horrible ways.....just have a strong immune system and take ecinaciea and probiotics each day. use lavender and tea trea oil on any bites and all done and dusted.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
dont take them - they will mess with you in lots of horrible ways.....just have a strong immune system and take ecinaciea and probiotics each day. use lavender and tea trea oil on any bites and all done and dusted.

Good advice. I mean, the odd (highly unlikely) side effect is clearly much worse than dying of malaria.

You do read some utter shit on here.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Gin and tonic tends to help , with a touch of the Angosturas bitters. Oh and one needs a fine Batman with good lemon, ice and crystal glass carrying capabilities. An elephant to sit on helps too.

all the best

Farmyard Kipling

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Sorry mate, have to disagree with this, malaria is a serious problem, especially in Africa, and some places are better than others. I have just returned from a month in Ethiopia where malaria isn't a problem because of the high altitudes. But Kenya is a year round problem, and you're 250 times more likely to get malaria in Africa, than you are in say, India.

Go for either Doxycycline or Malarone. The side effects are nothing compared to actually getting malaria, and it kills very quickly in people who have no resistance.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Good advice. I mean, the odd (highly unlikely) side effect is clearly much worse than dying of malaria.

You do read some utter shit on here.

its not shit - i travelled around many malaria countries like how i posted above, surrounded by westerners in fear and feeling shit in the sun due to toxic pharma tabs.

MMS cures malaria too....proven fact.

agree, you do read shit on here......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here