Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti-Football

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can someone confirm is it 6 or 7 seconds the keeper is allowed to have the ball in his hands for?

Foorde had it for 9-11 seconds several times. I think the crowd should start counting.

I'm with Granny on Buckley: he was going down more often than necessary. He wasn't being fouled every time he went down, and at least some of the times he actually was fouled, he could have avoided it by actually taking the ball and running forward with it instead of stopping and waiting for an opposition player to try to tackle him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
**** sake don't be so precious.

If Buckley learns to stand on his feet instead of pretending to be the reading kitson, who falls over when someone looks at him, we would have ripped them apart.

To be fair how many of the powderpoofs out there would have lasted 5 minutes against the likes of harris, hunter, bremner etc...

Also why is it every time one of our players fall over, we immediately yell for the nearest opposition player to be sent off..ffs...grow some balls

After five minutes the likes of harris, hunter, and bremner would have already been sent off

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Can someone confirm is it 6 or 7 seconds the keeper is allowed to have the ball in his hands for?

Foorde had it for 9-11 seconds several times. I think the crowd should start counting.

14 seconds on one occasion. Its something referee's persistently turn a blind eye to.

Yes, Millwalls tactics were dull and negative, but until Lua Lua came on, we didn't have the nous or width to counter their tactics. Its up to us to do that. We can't expect the opposition to give us a hand. Ince and Agustien grafted and worked their socks off, but they lacked the creative spark to unlock the shackles of the Millwall midfield who closed us right down and gave us no space. The creative spark should come from Buckley, but imo, he hasn't looked at his best so far this season.

Millwalls tactics made life hard. The first half was painful viewing. Its something I would hate to watch week in, week out, but teams (like Millwall) who are desperate for points will play that style when away. They come for a point, but if as often happens, they nick a goal on the break and hold on, its a bonus.

I don't agree that 90% of visiting teams cheat, foul and waste time. Yes, a few do, like Millwall, but thankfully not 90%.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
**** sake don't be so precious.

If Buckley learns to stand on his feet instead of pretending to be the reading kitson, who falls over when someone looks at him, we would have ripped them apart.

To be fair how many of the powderpoofs out there would have lasted 5 minutes against the likes of harris, hunter, bremner etc...

Also why is it every time one of our players fall over, we immediately yell for the nearest opposition player to be sent off..ffs...grow some balls

You'd rather go back to when football was utter shit? I went to watch quality football. Millwall were utterly anti football. Filth.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After five minutes the likes of harris, hunter, and bremner would have already been sent off

This. Except none of them would get near most modern players, far too slow. Thankfully the game has mostly moved on big time since then.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'd be embarrassed if we ever started time wasting as early as Millwall did today. If referees just got a grip and booked people straight away for time wasting, it would clamp it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here