Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti climax ???

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
No - not at all.

My over-riding feeling was how good is this going to be when the place is packed to the rafters week after week ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Absolutely not, my jaw was close to the floor from start to finish. Had to pinch myself to believe this was our new home. Even if there'd been no game on at all I could have quite happily sat in my seat for ninety minutes just looking around.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Not at all. It was only supposed to be a taster. The excitement will start against Donny and the atmosphere will be incredible. All the little teething problems will have been resolved thanks to days like yesterday. I can't wait!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
'is that it'! its a football ground, where you go to watch football, its got food, drink, football and a roof! what more do you want?!

Fred walking around shouting 'argus' would have been great.

However Bernie was in side the concourse shouting 'programmes', I really thought they could have built him a kiosk with all mod cons..

Attachments

• June 2011 117.JPG
    June 2011 117.JPG
    945.3 KB · Views: 1,844

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I know yesterdays match was only a humble affair but did anyone who was there get that ' is that it' feeling after so much expectation about the stadium?

There's a reason why it didn't sell out you know...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I know what the OP means-where was the old boy parading round the pitch? evanin arrrguusss:jester:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Anti climax - no. But, as I posted elsewhere, the atmoshere was a disappointment due to the low turnout and general apathy about the game. Most were there to see the ground, and not the game. I think those who are saving their first experience to be the Doncaster game have made a wise move.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's about expectations. Yesterday for me was just another open day so didn't expect anything more than what it was. If you expected an all singing all dancing rocking atmosphere you should have waited until Doncaster or at least Spurs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will go to my grave loving the place,full empty or in any division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here