Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
French League 2... He'll rip it up, be adored by the fans, and he's in his home country. I will always wish him well, and I think this will be great for him. :smile:
Valanciennes must feel like coming home for Knocky. It's 60km from Roubaix where he was born, and 50km from Lille where his father's funeral was held (and which was attended by Chris Hughton and the members of his squad that were not away on international duty). Wishing Knocky nothing but peace and happiness in his future there

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Valenciennes in Ligue 2. Still a d c n’y standard and paying a very decent wage
At 31 if he is happy and playing regular football again l don't think it much matters what standard it is at. At least he is in his homeland and amongst his family and friends.

I doubt very much that we will see him grace the English Leagues again, but we will always have our memories of what an amazing footballer a fully motivated Knocky could be..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Inspired by the club putting out a video on social media of his second goal against Wolves which basically sealed promotion for us, I’ve just watched again the video of all of his goals for us:

If anyone is feeling a bit down or their Albion/football mojo is lacking, I strongly recommend watching this. The guy really was box office and his exuberant celebrations are just wonderful to watch. What a player and character he was for us.

A great watch. You see a lot about Hereford and playing at Withdean on here but a reminder there of regular games against Rotherham very recently. Now it's Ajax.

AK was a big part of that journey and, as the commentary says, pure box office. Still one of my favourite players and, for me, an Albion legend. I wish him nothing but the best back home.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He really was magic, loved him, he changed our mentality and took us from being a very good Championship side to the best. His signing was a seminal moment in the history of the club.

I hope in 2027 the club put on a 10th anniversary of promotion event to mark the occasion that we can all attend. Would love to be able to properly thank all the guys who made it happen but we never got the opportunity to say goodbye and a proper thank you too. Players like Knocky, Kayal, Hemed etc and especially Hughton and his staff.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He really was magic, loved him, he changed our mentality and took us from being a very good Championship side to the best. His signing was a seminal moment in the history of the club.

I hope in 2027 the club put on a 10th anniversary of promotion event to mark the occasion that we can all attend. Would love to be able to properly thank all the guys who made it happen but we never got the opportunity to say goodbye and a proper thank you too. Players like Knocky, Kayal, Hemed etc and especially Hughton and his staff.
How amazing would that be. Lots of grown men blaming chopped onions that night, for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here