Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anthony Knockaert

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
If you had to compile a list of Albion’s best ever Championship (not division 2!) players based on the effect they had on points, Knocky would surely be knocking on the door of the No.1 slot. For me, the top 5 would be:

1. Murray
2. Knockaert
3. Dunk
4. Stephens
5. Duffy

That list needs a SHAKE UP - what about SALTER! Shirely he makes the cut!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is all a bit predictable.

'quick everyone put your rosy specs on, as the current team can't hit a cows arse with a banjo'.

Elvis Manu never really got a chance. Remember that goal against Oxford? I reckon he'd have a few if he had the chances we've created over the past year. Wonder if we can get him back...

(I do not remember that goal, I just saw it mentioned on his wikipedia page)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Harsh this thread AK said himself his father passing and family issues took two years off his career unfortunately it was just after promotion. Enjoy the memories no need to slate him for not being consistent in the PL, when he was on it even in the PL fantastic.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Harsh this thread AK said himself his father passing and family issues took two years off his career unfortunately it was just after promotion. Enjoy the memories no need to slate him for not being consistent in the PL, when he was on it even in the PL fantastic.

I think that is the common message throughout.

Everyone holds very dear the great memories from the Championship seasons, and even recognise he did have a couple of moments in the PL (as I said, the Man Ure game and the Palace goal). A handful of our players from say 6 - 10 years ago could truly be called PL quality, alas AK was not one of them for whatever reason.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watching him and Bruno terrorise players down that side, week in and week out, was truly one of the most joyous things from the last ten years.

Such an incredible player. I'll hear nothing said against him.

Spot on. When they were "on" together there was nothing else like it in that league. Absolutely love AK.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This keeps being repeated as Leicester offered him a new contract. He turned it down to go to Bruges, as his home in France was near the Belgian border. His brother had died, only in his twenties. It was reported in the Leicester Mercury.

Regardless of the contract, he has been dropped as a first teamer. Made just 11 appearances in his final season for LCFC.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Love him and legend for sure. But judged not good enough for Prem by Leicester, not good enough to start for us in Prem (though liked him as a squad player) and not good enough for Prem by Fulham. None of the three clubs are idiots so unless he just doesn’t like sticking around unless starting, there’s something in it.

Take him all day over March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Elvis Manu never really got a chance. Remember that goal against Oxford? I reckon he'd have a few if he had the chances we've created over the past year. Wonder if we can get him back...

If you look at his Wikipedia entry it actually states that he was born offside! :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think you need medical help. :ffsparr:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 13.30.48.png

Anthony Knockaert: ‘Losing my Dad, the pending divorce, not seeing my little boy every day. It was impossible for me to concentrate on football.’
Brighton winger opens up on his battle against depression after his father died and he split up with his wife, urging people in similar situations to reach out. ‘You have to talk,’ he says

December 2018

“There was a moment when I began crying and I just couldn’t stop,” Anthony Knockaert says, thinking back to last December and the moment he realised he needed to seek help. The winger was at the Brighton players’ Christmas party and it all became too much for him.

We hear you Anthony Knockhaert: a footballer is a human being and not just a commodity.......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
View attachment 142993

Anthony Knockaert: ‘Losing my Dad, the pending divorce, not seeing my little boy every day. It was impossible for me to concentrate on football.’
Brighton winger opens up on his battle against depression after his father died and he split up with his wife, urging people in similar situations to reach out. ‘You have to talk,’ he says

December 2018

“There was a moment when I began crying and I just couldn’t stop,” Anthony Knockaert says, thinking back to last December and the moment he realised he needed to seek help. The winger was at the Brighton players’ Christmas party and it all became too much for him.

We hear you Anthony Knockhaert: a footballer is a human being and not just a commodity.......

Like so many before him, a flawed genius, and I mean flawed in the nicest possible way....
We all carry a cross, best of luck to the absolute legend that is Anthony Knockhaert

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here