Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert signs a 3.5 year deal with the Albion

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well Bong is back soon, freeing Ridgewell or Goldson to cover Bruno until Rosenior is back. Calderon is way better on the right as well.

I don't entirely disagree, that perhaps another utility defender would be useful, and another central midfielder is possible, unless Towell is as good as we hope.

Whoops ! I completely forgot about Towell. So maybe just a defender or is Rea ready to step up?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A great signing all we need is a striker, versatile defender (a la Rosenior) and possibly attacking midfielder depending on how Towell progresses. Personally if I could get an experienced left back as cover for Bong at the same wages as Chicksen i would out him and get one in as we are all assuming Bong LR recovery will not suffer any setbacks or recurrence. Surely we cant get caight out again.

We have! You must have missed it but he's everything you want: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...well-on-loan-from-Jan-2nd&highlight=ridgewell

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cracking signing. :thumbsup:

Without wishing to sound greedy, here's hoping its the first and not the last quality acquisition with make this month.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Posh Spice is a slapper,
she really likes to fart.
And when she's shagging Beckham,
she thinks of Anthony Knockaert.

???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is only here until Mid February a total of 5 league gmes which covers our immediate needs but what happens when injuries or suspensions occur after loan deadline day in March.

We'll have Dunk, Goldson, Bong, Bruno, Uwe, Greer, Calde and Rosenior - if we can't make a four from them due to injuires or suspensions we'll have to learn to use the development squad as back up as they'll be no loans next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So who do you suggest as the experienced left back we sign on low wages?

I agree we should have cover there, but doubt that will come on the cheap.

I dont know but CH will have greater knowledge than me but one name came up recently JLloyd Samuel 34 years old ex Villa returning from Qatar looking for a club. I have no idea what his wage demand would be but at 34 he isnt going to be in great demand and hr may be able to do for us what Tarrico did under Gus. . Or you go the other way and go for a better younger one who may make the Premier, either way out Chicksen and replace him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I dont know but CH will have greater knowledge than me but one name came up recently JLloyd Samuel 34 years old ex Villa returning from Qatar looking for a club. ave no idea what his wage demand would be but at 34 he isnt going to be in great demand and hr may be able to do for us what Tarrico did under Gus. . Or you go the other way and go for a better younger one who may make the Premier, either way out Chicksen and replace him.

Or work on the basis that by the time Ridgewell goes back over the pond, Bong and Roseniar will be fit?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've had the email from the club ...says he plays right and left wing ..plus just behind a front man ...but not left back..useless! :whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We'll have Dunk, Goldson, Bong, Bruno, Uwe, Greer, Calde and Rosenior - if we can't make a four from them due to injuires or suspensions we'll have to learn to use the development squad as back up as they'll be no loans next season.

How many can play left back Bong and Rosenior with Calderon showing he is well past it now we would be back to square one, which caused our drop and we wouldnt want the same to happen in March or April.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I might have got this wrong, but this isn't what you were saying a few weeks back.
FWIW, I think Stockdale, Rosenoir, Dunk, Bong, March, Stephens, Kayal and LuaLua will all be good enough to make the first 18 in the PL. Maybe Bruno for one more season and I suspect Goldson might develop to be good enough too.

I don't recall suggesting that many others I thought wouldn't be capable of stepping up. Perhaps a few of the others; however that said. My post which you quote does not state that the others ARE NOT CAPABLE

My post merely stated there would be ''No Guarantees'' with the others, with the exceptions of ''MAYBE'' Kayal and Stephens

And for what it is worth. I actually agree with you about Goldson. Not the others but not because of ability but because of age and better options would potentially become availlable

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or work on the basis that by the time Ridgewell goes back over the pond, Bong and Roseniar will be fit?

Bong is expected to be back but not LR as I thought he was end of Feb/March Every injury doesnt always go as planned, as shown with Lua Lua, or in the first game back after Ridgewell returns Bong gets a straight red, 3 games out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't recall suggesting that many others I thought wouldn't be capable of stepping up. Perhaps a few of the others; however that said. My post which you quote does not state that the others ARE NOT CAPABLE

My post merely stated there would be ''No Guarantees'' with the others, with the exceptions of ''MAYBE'' Kayal and Stephens

And for what it is worth. I actually agree with you about Goldson. Not the others but not because of ability but because of age and better options would potentially become availlable

FWIW I think that you are correct we would need a number of players if we get promoted The good point is when we get the money we will have no need to spend it upgrading the ground as CPFC and Bournemouth did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here