Oct 4, 2003

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If you honestly believe a player that left Leicester on a free with his talent was only able to negotiate 8k Euros a week then i would imagine he would be very very very excited to sign for us....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1416054063725_wps_10_NEW_WAGES_income_jpg.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I see French press reporting the fee as €3.5m, which comes to £2.6m. Will this break our previous record fee paid for CMS?

No. That was £3.25m, in total.

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if the clauses were met that meant we paid out more.

It's good point, but it's difficult to know exactly what all the clauses were. Similarly, there may be similar clauses in the deal with AK - SL might not be getting the full £2.6m up front.

We surely didn't pay all the add ons though? I'd imagine one of them was promotion within X years?

doubt we had to pay any of them

We DO know what the final fee paid for CMS was. When he was released by Albion last summer, there was an interview with Barry Fry in the Argus. He confirmed that Albion had paid an initial £2.5 million, and there was an additional £10,000 for each of the first 50 appearances, totalling £500,000 and making a total of £3 million.

He didn't reveal what the other add-on of £250,000 consisted of, but it was probably a promotion clause.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We DO know what the final fee paid for CMS was. When he was released by Albion last summer, there was an interview with Barry Fry in the Argus. He confirmed that Albion had paid an initial £2.5 million, and there was an additional £10,000 for each of the first 50 appearances, totalling £500,000 and making a total of £3 million.

He didn't reveal what the other add-on of £250,000 consisted of, but it was probably a promotion clause.

Thanks - hadn't heard that before. Maybe there was a 250k promotion bonus too.. Oops you've wrote the same thing I've just realised :lol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Albion boss Chris Hughton has confirmed his interest in Anthony Knockaert and revealed his admiration for the attacking attributes of the French right-winger.
The Seagulls are believed to be close to completing a deal for the 24-year-old former Leicester wide man after his Belgian club Standard Liege announced last night a fee had been agreed.

Hughton said: "Certainly there has been an interest in him, that's something I would admit. He's a player that I very much like.
"He's a player that has got very good experience in England of the Championship in a very good side.
"You always look at foreign players coming to England who are able to adapt and he had a very good grounding at Leicester.
"There is no doubt he is an offensive player, somebody who can score goals and somebody that can assist."

Knockaert is understood to have flown to England last night from Liege's training camp in Spain, where they are preparing for the second half of their domestic campaign after a winter break.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I wouldn't put any gravitas on what Barry Fry says to be honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion boss Chris Hughton has confirmed his interest in Anthony Knockaert and revealed his admiration for the attacking attributes of the French right-winger.
The Seagulls are believed to be close to completing a deal for the 24-year-old former Leicester wide man after his Belgian club Standard Liege announced last night a fee had been agreed.

Hughton said: "Certainly there has been an interest in him, that's something I would admit. He's a player that I very much like.
"He's a player that has got very good experience in England of the Championship in a very good side.
"You always look at foreign players coming to England who are able to adapt and he had a very good grounding at Leicester.
"There is no doubt he is an offensive player, somebody who can score goals and somebody that can assist."

So he's very good then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Interesting table, but we have to remember that it is very much skewed by Premier League money, both in terms of...

- Player wages. Both players coming down from the PL on high wages, and players that parachute-cashed-up clubs spend to try and get back up.
- Annual income. At around £20m p.a., we would be one of the bigger earners in the division, if parachute money wasn't sloshing about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting table, but we have to remember that it is very much skewed by Premier League money, both in terms of...

- Player wages. Both players coming down from the PL on high wages, and players that parachute-cashed-up clubs spend to try and get back up.
- Annual income. At around £20m p.a., we would be one of the bigger earners in the division, if parachute money wasn't sloshing about.

Agreed - and it's all averages, some of the ranges will be huge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports