Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert signs a 3.5 year deal with the Albion

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems like a solid signing if we can get him. Just need a forward now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems as though he flew over last night for meetings this morning

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...ormer-des-conditions-568d82473570b38a5800bd44

STANDARD Dad of Standardman Patrick Knockaert, said he was surprised by the news.
Wednesday evening, it was with amazement that Patrick Knockaert, dad Anthony, heard the news next possible departure of his son for Brighton & Hove Albion, currently fourth in the Championship (English D2).

"I learned it in the evening's current", told us on Wednesday night, Patrick Knockaert. "I had Anthony on the phone while he was in the taxi to the airport rally. As it happens too late in London, he will meet the leaders of Brighton & Hove Albion on Thursday morning. "

According to his father, Anthony Knockaert was not excited at the idea of ​​returning to England in a championship that he knows well, having evolved with Leicester.

"No way he told me. Dad, there is nothing done I'm just in London for an understanding of the requirements of the club I'm not gone yet..."

According to Patrick Knockaert, everything went relatively quickly. "It must have happened between the presidents of both clubs. Anthony will undoubtedly have been informed in the wake via his agent."

As for fans sedges, surprise will be in order. "I am also surprised because Anthony had made ​​his place in the Standard where he was appreciated by all and where he had a great relationship with the fans and the coach."

A return to England is so precise to Knockaert which, according to her father, has always been followed by Brighton & Hove Albion. "This is not new", he says. "Even when he was at Leicester, Brighton had expressed interest alongside Middelsbrough, Wolverhampton or Arsenal! Today Brighton seems to have awakened. "

Currently eight points behind fourth Middelsbrough, Brighton has a specific goal and counts on Anthony Knockaert to achieve it. "They play the rise and that is probably why they have reconnected with my son all that they have lost a few games in a row (Editor's note: Brighton has not won a league match since December 5, it was against Charlton) . As for Anthony, he was as usual. Anyway, as he plays, it feels good. "

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He doesn't sound enthusiastic from that article. I hope we can agree personal terms.
It would be disappointing if this fell by the wayside now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He'll feel differently when he sees the facilities and meets Calde :)

I hope so. I posted this yesterday but it seems strange that he turned down a four year contract with Leicester last June, signed a four year contract with Liege, but now moving on within 6 months. Something's not quite right.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its odd though, maybe.something lost in translation. Yesterday the club accepted our.second offer as the player was keen yet the players dad says hes not excited

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep, definitely a bit odd.

Is it really that odd? Last June, Leicester had just escaped relegation and, in most people's eyes, were odds on for another struggle. He moved to a team that played European football. However, he may not be feeling that living in Belgium is comfortable with all that is going on at the moment. Didn't Garcia go back to Maccabi only to leave less than a year later with the bombings being cited as one of the reasons.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Is it really that odd? Last June, Leicester had just escaped relegation and, in most people's eyes, were odds on for another struggle. He moved to a team that played European football. However, he may not be feeling that living in Belgium is comfortable with all that is going on at the moment. Didn't Garcia go back to Maccabi only to leave less than a year later with the bombings being cited as one of the reasons.

Leicester finished last season in title winning form. No chance of relegation when you finish like that.

He wasn't playing so would have been part of the reason.

Anyway we need to at least match his Leicester salary from a year ago.

D

Deleted member 22389

Would love him to join us but im not getting my hopes up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Post on the championship forum made good reading.

'Knockaert! Now there's a cult hero if there ever was one.

Remember when we signed him and he was a completely different kind of player from what I'd seen at Leicester before. Used to do things with a football which made your jaw drop, he can be a bit frustrating at times, but he'd be playing football at a far higher level if he didn't have that frustrating side, when he's at his game he just runs games at this level and is completely unplayable. No exaggeration to say if I was making a list of my top 10 favourite Leicester goals, 4 of them would be Knockaet goals.

His biggest problem was we signed Mahrez, who was even better, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better flair player at Championship level than him, superb signing for Brighton if they get him.

Still a big fan's favourite here and would get a great reception if he ever came back to the KP as an opposing player.'

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Leicester finished last season in title winning form. No chance of relegation when you finish like that.

So on that basis you took a punt on them finishing top four!

There are plenty of teams that have a great run and escape relegation only to struggle again in subsequent seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are plenty of teams that have a great run and escape relegation only to struggle again in subsequent seasons.

Sunderland, Sunderland and er Sunderland.
Oh then there was that other year Sunderland did it.

My memory isn't so good beyond 4 or 5 years, but didn't Sunderland do it a while ago.

Joke team.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sunderland, Sunderland and er Sunderland.
Oh then there was that other year Sunderland did it.

My memory isn't so good beyond 4 or 5 years, but didn't Sunderland do it a while ago.

Joke team.

Didn't Wigan make a habit of late season bursts of form that led to an inevitable survival on the last day, only to find themselves back in the mire the following season.
Villa also had a pretty decent finish at the end of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here