Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert has got right up the noses of Leeds.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why do people persist with the notion that when you sign for a club you have to live in that location!! The city of Leeds may well be a shit hole filled with neanderthals. There are plenty of other places you could live in. Slag them off but please do it with a bit of intelligence.

People don't slag off with knowledge. Leeds is a popular place to live these days. Much going for it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I thought some of their supporters were an absolute disgrace after the match.... lairy and testosterone fuelled. Just made me happier that we beat 'em. They're still bleating, and I'm still gloating.........

Change testosterone to cocaine and your probably nearer the mark. :thumbsup:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
All we can hope and pray for is that Stockdale will be recovered enough to start on Tuesday what a scintillating display he put up against Leeds I'm amazed the boy stayed awake for the whole 94 mins

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
That's what I was thinking. It's all about excessive force, recklessness and endangering opponents these days isn't it? So even winning the ball cleanly can be a straight red - for instance, where a player goes in with both feet off the ground.

I agree. You could fake to punch someone, then nick the ball off them when they recoil. You got the ball and they didn't get hurt. But it's obviously a foul.

Going in with two feet is basically a less ridiculous version of that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People don't slag off with knowledge. Leeds is a popular place to live these days. Much going for it.

Change testosterone to cocaine and your probably nearer the mark. :thumbsup:

It used to be "where there's muck there's brass". Now it's "where there are up and coming family areas, food festivals and small batch coffee there's also a shed load of chang." The smelly b'stards couldn't even afford soap back in the day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Added to which Leeds are still, quite possibly the most HILARIO team in this division. Cursed to be a mid table Championship team with fans living twenty years or more in the past for the rest of their miserable existence. They've pulled out a few results against teams similar to them recently because Monk is a half decent manager. Have no doubt, though, that one day soon Cellino will wake up to find his favourite espresso machine has broken, fly in to an uncontrollable rage and fire Monk for having the temerity to park at the training ground in a nice car. Played Newcastle at home, got outclassed. Played us at the Amex, got outclassed with us in third gear. Their back four must all be off to the dermatologist on Monday the number of times they got skinned in the first half, all neatly summed up by Pontus Jansson playing in gloves when it was about 12 degrees and spending most of the match crying to his mummy. And he was BETTER than Bamba last season :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Added to which Leeds are still, quite possibly the most HILARIO team in this division. Cursed to be a mid table Championship team with fans living twenty years or more in the past for the rest of their miserable existence. They've pulled out a few results against teams similar to them recently because Monk is a half decent manager. Have no doubt, though, that one day soon Cellino will wake up to find his favourite espresso machine has broken, fly in to an uncontrollable rage and fire Monk for having the temerity to park at the training ground in a nice car. Played Newcastle at home, got outclassed. Played us at the Amex, got outclassed with us in third gear. Their back four must all be off to the dermatologist on Monday the number of times they got skinned in the first half, all neatly summed up by Pontus Jansson playing in gloves when it was about 12 degrees and spending most of the match crying to his mummy. And he was BETTER than Bamba last season :lolol:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?345891-So-who-started-it/page10

I think we are in agreement re Jansson

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
All we can hope and pray for is that Stockdale will be recovered enough to start on Tuesday what a scintillating display he put up against Leeds I'm amazed the boy stayed awake for the whole 94 mins
Did Stockdale play on Friday? Can't say I noticed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
imgres 23.02.12.jpg

Get used to it mate.

:wanker:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Winning the ball does not stop a tackle being a foul.

That's true but my post only stated that if it is not a foul you can't give a card and the ref did not judge it to be a foul and if I am honest I didn't think it was a foul either, although when I initially saw Anthony go 3 foot into the air I thought it was

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I lived in Leeds for 4 years in the late 80s / early 90s and loved my time there. They actually won the League when I was there and they had Gary McAllister in their side at the time who was from my home town so I have good memories of my time there. Their fans are ****in nutz though but great sense of humour but Eeeeee Bye Gum are they easily offended and extremely argumentative

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here