Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry Crodo got to disagree, he’s not the peoples champion, as much as I admired him early on in his career it’s become apparent he was manufactured by The Hearns in the same was Bruno was by Lawless and Duff.

When it came to the crunch he had no intention of fighting not one, but three legitimate opponents in Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Dillian Whyte.

No intention of fightin Fury/Wilder/Whyte??

Fury agreed to a fight with AJ when he knew full well he wasn't going to fight him with the contract dispute with Wilder which he kept quiet, that isn't AJ ducking Fury, that's Fury being a clown and agreeing to a fight he knew wouldn't happen. Not once has there been anything from anyone, including Furys team saying that AJ won't fight him, quite the opposite.

Wilder has admitted, on record, that he ducked AJ and turned down offers to fight him, thinking Fury was the easier fight (which went well :lolol:) so where has this idea that AJ ducked Wilder came from when its from Wilders own mouth that it was the opposite situation?

Whyte - AJ has no intention of fighting Dillian Whyte? The same Dillian Whyte he fought and knocked out in brutal fashion in the 7th round in 2015? Just trying to confirm that as the claim here.

Overall I think he loses to Usyk, he is everything that AJ cannot cope with and I think AJ hasn't really been the same since the Ruiz fight, he's tried to move away from the brawler with power to the technical master, which works when you're stood in front of tub of lard Ruiz, Pulev or really the majority of the division outside of the top stars, but that approach won't really work when you are trying to be the technical master and you're coming up against THE technical master. The fight goes one of two ways for me, early stoppage for AJ or late stoppage for Usyk. I'll be really shocked and disappointed if AJ comes in and tries to outbox him again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Comeback King

Looks like the comeback king is well up for the rematch against Usyk. You can put him down but you can't keep him down.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/61882669

20th August can't come round quick enough, sure it will be one hell of a fight.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Looks like the comeback king is well up for the rematch against Usyk. You can put him down but you can't keep him down.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/61882669

20th August can't come round quick enough, sure it will be one hell of a fight.

Usyk will flatten him in round four, and then he will be a spent force, consigned to history as a someone who flattered to deceive and never actually got to fight Fury.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Usyk will flatten him in round four, and then he will be a spent force, consigned to history as a someone who flattered to deceive and never actually got to fight Fury.

Agree that if he loses to Usyk again, that'll be it for Joshua's boxing career. It's not Fury v. Joshua that I will regret never happening, but the fight that Wilder dodged (and believed that Fury was an easier job! :facepalm:)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A shame as Joshua seems much more likeable than any of his contemporaries

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yup. I'll take AJ over Tyson "my wife knows her place" Fury every day of the week.

Completely different boxing styles. AJ is much more likely to be tactical and wait for his opponent to tire or win on points. Fury is an animal who lands some exceptional shots, he has very quick hands for such a big fighter

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021

World Champion, Olympic gold medalist, British title and winner of one of the most exiting fights we’ve seen in recent years against klitskcho and you think he’s flattered to deceive ?! What have you done lately ?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A shame as Joshua seems much more likeable than any of his contemporaries

I think that's why he's the people's champion and expect there will be a huge British following going over to Saudi to see the comeback king.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Eddie Hearn says that taking boxing to Saudi has shined a light on some of the issues there and that the country had moved forward immeasurably since he started taking fights over there which he should be credited for. Good on him and AJ for using boxing as a vehicle for good and to energise change.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Eddie Hearn says that taking boxing to Saudi has shined a light on some of the issues there and that the country had moved forward immeasurably since he started taking fights over there which he should be credited for. Good on him and AJ for using boxing as a vehicle for good and to energise change.

I agree Crodo. I'd also like to take this moment to thank all those tax evaders and nom-domiciled Brits who are feverishly avoiding tax to therefore create a platform for reform. Good on them I say.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

:lolol: got nothing to do with the $$$$$ then ..?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I think that's why he's the people's champion and expect there will be a huge British following going over to Saudi to see the comeback king.

Nobody likes AJ anymore. The stiff bodybuilder is a total zero in the publics eyes when compared to the true peoples champ, the almighty Gypsy King!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Joshua v Usyk II announced as being exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office. Reduced price of £26.95 for those ordering before 20th August. Think this may break some PPV records.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
not sure where it all went wrong for Joshua, he's just not the same fighter anymore, he's lost his edge

What will he do differently this time ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here