Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Since 2015 Joshua hasn’t fought anyone that he’s been anything less than a 1/10 favourite against, aside from old man past his prime Klitschko And even Ruiz the first fight he was 1/50 on to win. Until he beats the best he’s certainly not my ‘champion’

Modern boxing seems more about dodging fights you can very possibly lose, it’s not just Joshua but look at his last 10 fights, all fighters he’s clearly superior too, it gets dull. Probably waiting for Fury to be 40 before he takes that fight as well...

Wilder ducked him, literally admitted to ducking AJ, in favour of what he thought was going to be a walk over Tyson Fury. AJ has the best CV in the entire division, just say you don't like him and prefer Fury rather than pretending he has a worse CV.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wilder ducked him, literally admitted to ducking AJ, in favour of what he thought was going to be a walk over Tyson Fury. AJ has the best CV in the entire division, just say you don't like him and prefer Fury rather than pretending he has a worse CV.

I did say it’s not just AJ, FWIW I like the bloke I just get sick of watching the top guys fighting people we don’t want to see, AJ is 31 and in his prime as a boxer I’d like to see him prove himself against the very best before I hear that he’s the ‘people’s champion’ etc although as I said I don’t solely put that on him it’s the managers/promoters and obviously the pandemic has meant the really big fights aren’t as likely to happen because of no crowds.

Let’s be honest 99/100 AJ beats Pulev, there’s not one aspect about Pulev that will trouble AJ

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Absolutely this, of the current ring magazine top ten fighters Joshua after tonight will have fought 5 of them (Wilders fought 2 and Fury's fought 1).

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I did say it’s not just AJ, FWIW I like the bloke I just get sick of watching the top guys fighting people we don’t want to see, AJ is 31 and in his prime as a boxer I’d like to see him prove himself against the very best before I hear that he’s the ‘people’s champion’ etc although as I said I don’t solely put that on him it’s the managers/promoters and obviously the pandemic has meant the really big fights aren’t as likely to happen because of no crowds.

Let’s be honest 99/100 AJ beats Pulev, there’s not one aspect about Pulev that will trouble AJ

This has been the problem in Boxing for decades, too many different TV deals, promoters and too many belts. You cant blame the fighters,

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Lethal from Okolie. Best performance I've seen from him

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
That chap needs to go get a scan, second round shouldn't have happened.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What on Earth was the referee thinking letting that continue, unacceptable.

Looks like for the first time in a millennium we might have a main event start at almost the scheduled time :lolol:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
What on Earth was the referee thinking letting that continue, unacceptable.

Looks like for the first time in a millennium we might have a main event start at almost the scheduled time [emoji38]ol:
Exactly, could have done some serious damage there.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
For anyone who doesn't have a fire stick, BBC 5 Live is covering this live on the radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here