Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff to host heavyweight bout on 28 October

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pulev out with a shoulder injury, replaced by Carlos Takam.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of people will have paid a lot of money to watch a terrible nights boxing I accept that the fighter cannot over come injury but feel that the AJ contest should be cancelled and ticket holders either offered their money back or tickets for the rearranged date whenever it happens.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Until Daniel Dubois gets a lot more experience in the next 5/6 years or Deontay Windmill Wilder decides to actually fight someone who can throw a punch back, then this is going to be the case every time AJ has a fight now. The Heavy weight division has to be up there with one of the most boring divisions in Boxing right now. Even Pulev was still going to be a knock out win for AJ considering Klitschko knocked him out in the 5th round back in 2014. Pulev is now 36 years old so i doubt he's improved since then.
AJ is reliant on Hearn hyping him up and putting all his fight on PPV, otherwise, how would he make any cash with all these no contest fights he'll be having?

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Until Daniel Dubois gets a lot more experience in the next 5/6 years or Deontay Windmill Wilder decides to actually fight someone who can throw a punch back, then this is going to be the case every time AJ has a fight now. The Heavy weight division has to be up there with one of the most boring divisions in Boxing right now. Even Pulev was still going to be a knock out win for AJ considering Klitschko knocked him out in the 5th round back in 2014. Pulev is now 36 years old so i doubt he's improved since then.
AJ is reliant on Hearn hyping him up and putting all his fight on PPV, otherwise, how would he make any cash with all these no contest fights he'll be having?

Very true. I really cant stand eddie hearn, can see why frampton went to warren instead

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is this Carlos Takam like is he any good? He has a decent KO record It must be annoying for AJ as he has trained to beat Pulev who must have been a doubt as apparently Takam has been training and on standby since the original fight was agreed so not exactly a true late replacement

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A lot of people will have paid a lot of money to watch a terrible nights boxing I accept that the fighter cannot over come injury but feel that the AJ contest should be cancelled and ticket holders either offered their money back or tickets for the rearranged date whenever it happens.

Why ?... he is the next mandatory challenger... he has to fight. This new guy isnt really much worse than Pulev, certainly I have seen way worse boxers fight for a world title. Besides AJ needs to stay active. He has a lot to learn still.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why ?... he is the next mandatory challenger... he has to fight. This new guy isnt really much worse than Pulev, certainly I have seen way worse boxers fight for a world title. Besides AJ needs to stay active. He has a lot to learn still.

I fully accept that AJ needs to fight and that this chap is next on the list but boxers train to beat a specific man with their strengths and weaknesses and AJ will need to adopt different tactics as opposed to Takam who knows exactly how AJ fights and is prepared for it. Whether or not he is good enough to beat AJ is a different issue.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
AJ can only beat who is put in front of him. IT is not the fault of AJ or his promoter if the governing bodies decide that the mandatory challengers are not of AJ's class or quality. It is not AJ's fault nor his promoters if the other top heavyweights around (eg Wilder) are running scared of Joshua and won't fight him.

Neither Pulev nor Takam could live with AJ. But he has to fight them or he gets stripped of the belts.

I would love to see the day when AJ holds all the heavyweight titles but that is not in his hands but those of the governing bodies and whether the other title holders have the bottle to fight him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here