Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Watford 'signing'

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I don't know what to say on this. On one hand, yes it feels like a dodge, but, if TB bought some lower league foreign team, and could use that country's far more relaxed immigration rules to strengthen our squad, then i would be cock-a-hoop. But the fact remains, funds still have to be there in the first place to but Mr A Rgentina (or whatever).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that isnt what has happened here and obviously that would never happen.
That's what it looked like to me. What has happened here then? Has one club not bought a player, and then sold them on at a loss, to dodge FFP rules?

Your just using exaggerated scenarios to show that you dont like how FFP is, that is all.
No I'm not. I'm just commenting on what looks like a dodgy transaction.

signing players on large fees for 1 club, then selling them the week after to a feeder club wouldnt ever happen.
Well if it hasn't happened, I have no complaint. What makes you think it would never happen though?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
That's what it looked like to me. What has happened here then? Has one club not bought a player, and then sold them on at a loss, to dodge FFP rules?

No I'm not. I'm just commenting on what looks like a dodgy transaction.

Well if it hasn't happened, I have no complaint. What makes you think it would never happen though?

But how do YOU know that Granada paid a fee in the first place ? How do YOU know Watford havent actually paid a fee ? It may well be dodgy, but lets be honest - any transfer these days could be fiddled. And it would never happen as clubs will obviously know how stupid it would make them look and the backlash they would receive, even if it was against the rules, thats actually if it isnt already.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But how do YOU know that Granada paid a fee in the first place ? How do YOU know Watford havent actually paid a fee ? It may well be dodgy, but lets be honest - any transfer these days could be fiddled. And it would never happen as clubs will obviously know how stupid it would make them look and the backlash they would receive, even if it was against the rules, thats actually if it isnt already.

Nobody knows anything. It's the suggestion that it looks odd, that's all. You can agree with that yes?

Then, if it is dodgy, regardless of whether rules are broken or not, you can see why the ethics are being questioned and the implications for FFP.

Corporations dodge tax and we frown on them and would like to see loopholes closed. It's the same principle here - if indeed it has happened.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Nobody knows anything. It's the suggestion that it looks odd, that's all. You can agree with that yes?

Then, if it is dodgy, regardless of whether rules are broken or not, you can see why the ethics are being questioned and the implications for FFP.

Corporations dodge tax and we frown on them and would like to see loopholes closed. It's the same principle here - if indeed it has happened.

I can agree it MIGHT be odd, yes - but again, as could any transfer but without knowing everything - we cant 100% be sure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can agree it MIGHT be odd, yes - but again, as could any transfer
Well a transfer between two independent clubs is unlikely to be dodgy, but when two clubs that are owned by the same person are involved in transferring a player that only just signed for the first club, it's pretty weird. Add to that the fact that Watford have a recent history of trying to dodge FFP rules, and it's not just like any transfer.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I can agree it MIGHT be odd, yes - but again, as could any transfer but without knowing everything - we cant 100% be sure.

i honestly dont understand why you are defending what they are doing so vehemently.

why on earth would you buy somebody at the beginning of the transfer window to then immediately sell them on again? it wont be to make money, because they've sold them to themselves. there is only 1 plausible reason and thats to dodge ffp

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Much like Charlton, let them get on with it as the soul of their club is being destroyed along with what had been a fantastic youth academy.

Whatever you might feel about BHAFC right now, atleast you're trying to do things with integrity and continuing to blood the local lads through.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What they are doing is completely within the rules and it makes an ass of the rules and makes a bit of an ass of us and all the other clubs that are trying to stay within the rules. At a minimum it is extremely frustrating and at a max it makes me want to take a Kalashnikov to the rule makers.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How about we loan Tony Bloom out to one of those dodgy Russian clubs, and in turn we get one of their billionaire owners.
Seems to be all one way traffic coming in to this country these days, spending 'loads of money' :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PF-loadsamoney_2177214b.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here