Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another very nice article about us

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Their understated identity is an important weapon; their capacity to sneak under the radar as plucky little Brighton a crucial reason why so many opponents continue to underestimate not just their capacity to beat you but to blow you away. Liverpool are just the latest to have suffered, to have misunderstood the depth of talent and preparation that is put into battle-plans designed to press, fluster, and overwhelm

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting that they mention that starting 11 only costing 30 million. The following I think shows how clever the club have become on spending, hard lessons learned, only Estupinan’s in the team.

25023676-3256-4162-83EB-648E284F9B7C.png

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Interesting that they mention that starting 11 only costing 30 million. The following I think shows how clever the club have become on spending, hard lessons learned, only Estupinan’s in the team.

View attachment 155914
To be fair, I'd say two of those were mistakes?
The others not in the team have either been sold (a couple for an enormous profit) or have been injured/otherwise unavailable.
It did occur to me that replacing Colwill with Webster in the starting line up would significantly increase the cost.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The others not in the team have either been sold (a couple for an enormous profit) or have been injured/otherwise unavailable.
It did occur to me that replacing Colwill with Webster in the starting line up would significantly increase the cost.
True and I wasn’t criticising any of them.

It just seems that Bloom has found a market sweet-spot missed by all the clubs going for £20m to £40m players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two of the top 10 most expensive signings failing is a great record, most clubs will have more failures than that.

Webster in the eleven would of course make it more expensive but still among the cheapest - if not the cheapest - lineups in the league.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Two of the top 10 most expensive signings failing is a great record, most clubs will have more failures than that.

Webster in the eleven would of course make it more expensive but still among the cheapest - if not the cheapest - lineups in the league.
Thanks for agreeing with me.
Sorry, I'm feeling SPIKY this evening.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
True and I wasn’t criticising any of them.

It just seems that Bloom has found a market sweet-spot missed by all the clubs going for £20m to £40m players.
I mean, I assume at some point we must sign a total dud. Surely?
It won't change the fact that up to now the signings have been not far off impeccable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I mean, I assume at some point we must sign a total dud. Surely?
It won't change the fact that up to now the signings have been not far off impeccable.
Alzate stands out as the lone player who’s regressed, badly. Lamptey unluckily has never regained confidence from the injuries.

As an aside, talk about squad depth, we’ve still got Moder to return. He’s quality.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Alzate stands out as the lone player who’s regressed, badly. Lamptey unluckily has never regained confidence from the injuries.

As an aside, talk about squad depth, we’ve still got Moder to return. He’s quality.
I wouldn't count Alzate or Lamptey against the club, sometimes young players make it, sometimes they don't. Injury's just one of all sorts of reasons it doesn't always work out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't count Alzate or Lamptey against the club, sometimes young players make it, sometimes they don't. Injury's just one of all sorts of reasons it doesn't always work out.
I don’t hold anything against the club, it must be a great environment for players in all age groups to thrive. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out eg Connolly.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
NSC’s really cheered up in general due to this RDZ utopia, we’re revelling in it. For a long time it had been a battleground for party politics or our long non-winning football runs of recent seasons.
For some reason, even when we were doing well, there just seems to be something about Potter that either winds people up or makes them totally devoted.
I decided when I rejoined NSC that I wouldn't bother engaging with the political threads, since it's so obviously a waste of time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For some reason, even when we were doing well, there just seems to be something about Potter that either winds people up or makes them totally devoted.
I decided when I rejoined NSC that I wouldn't bother engaging with the political threads, since it's so obviously a waste of time.
I looked back and realised that I’d naturally just stopped reading and posting on the political threads. Just thoroughly bored of it. The same people every waking hour ramming their binary views of the UK on everyone else.

I feel better for it :lolol:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I looked back and realised that I’d naturally just stopped reading and posting on the political threads. Just thoroughly bored of it. The same people every waking hour ramming their binary views of the UK on everyone else.

I feel better for it :lolol:
I've very strong opinions on the voter ID issue there's a thread about at the moment.
I've shared those opinions before. I've literally posted a link to an academic study backing up my point of view, which cited other studies supporting my argument, to a poster who asked for a proper paper that had looked into it.
He asked for more studies supporting it. :lolol:
There's just no point. I'm incredibly relaxed about it. And we're winning games of football. :O

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've very strong opinions on the voter ID issue there's a thread about at the moment.
I've shared those opinions before. I've literally posted a link to an academic study backing up my point of view, which cited other studies supporting my argument, to a poster who asked for a proper paper that had looked into it.
He asked for more studies supporting it. :lolol:
There's just no point. I'm incredibly relaxed about it. And we're winning games of football. :O
That old tactic, lazily and quite deliberately asking for more when offering zilch themselves :wanker::lolol:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Tony Bloom is the man if you were invited by the BBC as contestant on 'Bargain Hunt' you'd text immediately to ask if he was free that day... :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here