Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another tattoo thread

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Basically the situation is this... I've been looking to get a Brighton tattoo done for a while now, and after spending a long time brainstorming different ideas, I recently arrived at one. Problem is in order for the tattoo to look 'right', the Brighton crest needs to be in black and white. Now, i've thought about how this wouldn't be 'proper' and the traditional Albion colours, but, given the design, it's the only way it'll work.
Question is, do I sacrifice the entire design (which i'm very happy with) due to the fact that the crest would have to be in black and white? Or, do I go ahead with it, understanding that it's still the crest after all, and I should wear it with pride regardless.
The last option is, who gives a f***?! :smile:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
personally i prefer black tattoos. a blue one would fade quickly and look quite old quickly. if its part of a larger black design then i personally would stick with a black crest. to have the crest as it is in blue surrounded by black would look a bit funny IMO

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
personally i prefer black tattoos. a blue one would fade quickly and look quite old quickly. if its part of a larger black design then i personally would stick with a black crest. to have the crest as it is in blue surrounded by black would look a bit funny IMO
Thank you. It's encouraging to hear that because the black crest is the only thing holding me back, and yeah it does look pretty silly with the blue.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Coloured tattoos look shit. And the simpler they are, the better.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Go for it in Black and grey if thats what you like the best, you got it for ever so make sure you like it bollocks to everyone else they dont have to wear it, appreciate what your saying about tradional colours but personaly I think it more the symbol than the colours

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The blue bits on mine are still very blue, have been for years. I don't know, but is the type/quality of your tattooist relevent in how well the colour lasts? Might be worth asking the question, or doing a bit of research.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have quite a few tatts and the colour on mine has lasted a very well so far. But they are a very personal thing and as you will have it for life, the choice is entirely yours. I think the crest will look fine in black, especially if you have other tatts in black. If you are happy with the design, then go for it.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Do it, its your design, your skin and as others have said f*** what anyone else thinks!

Another thing to think about, Brighton may change the crest again in a few years time, i got the old roundel tattoo in 1997, since then the crest has changed twice! So get what YOU want, otherwise you could end up with an out of date crest that isnt really what you wanted in the first place!

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Thanks for the feedback guys. So you know, i'm not concerned about colour fading, it's purely because the crest in colour looks out of place in the design I have around it. It's good to hear that no-one is really concerned about the crest being in black and white, because as I said, that was the only hesitation I had. I needed this kind of feedback to be certain that I would get it. I'll book the tattoo without a second thought now. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here