Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another slow day for news at The Argus

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Strange lights above Brighton and Hove a case for the X Files From The Argus)

Staggeringly poor journalism (again) IMO. Title reads like a question, but there is no question mark. Picture is simply ridiculous, as is the caption below it. Makes me wonder if they have let a dim witted high school work experience kid write an article for shits and gigs. The man interviewed appears to have decided et's are definitely visiting earth because he saw some lights in the sky...I'm not even going to comment on that. They go on to quote another person who saw the lights (but managed not to reach the conclusion that it was 100% little green men), and go on to say that she has had a 'close encounter of the third kind!'. Which for those in the know means an encounter directly with alien beings.

I really can't beleive someone has been paid to write this total and utter wank. I know for a fact certain argus journalists read this website - so if you see this and you are responsible - I honestly wouldn't let you serve me a big mac you complete moron.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Strange lights above Brighton and Hove a case for the X Files From The Argus)

Staggeringly poor journalism (again) IMO. Title reads like a question, but there is no question mark. Picture is simply ridiculous, as is the caption below it. Makes me wonder if they have let a dim witted high school work experience kid write an article for shits and gigs. The man interviewed appears to have decided et's are definitely visiting earth because he saw some lights in the sky...I'm not even going to comment on that. They go on to quote another person who saw the lights (but managed not to reach the conclusion that it was 100% little green men), and go on to say that she has had a 'close encounter of the third kind!'. Which for those in the know means an encounter directly with alien beings.

I really can't beleive someone has been paid to write this total and utter wank. I know for a fact certain argus journalists read this website - so if you see this and you are responsible - I honestly wouldn't let you serve me a big mac you complete moron.

My Father is the very same John Hatton from this article. He is on chemotherapy at the moment and is a bit delusional.

The lights are actually cars going to and from the downs... hence the red and white lights. I told him this but despite everything I said he still went and told the Argus.

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
This is actually quite interesting.

On friday or saturday night i cant remember which shortly before midnight i saw a light in the sky above Seaford beach heading in the directon of Newhaven, it started off a bright white light when i first spotted it and as it moved along the beach it changed into a red colour and a short while later the colour disappeared altogether.

I thought it must have been one of those chinese lanterns you hear about, but i've not seen one before so cant be 100% sure.

If so, who is releasing these across Sussex?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
This is actually quite interesting.

On friday or saturday night i cant remember which shortly before midnight i saw a light in the sky above Seaford beach heading in the directon of Newhaven, it started off a bright white light when i first spotted it and as it moved along the beach it changed into a red colour and a short while later the colour disappeared altogether.

I thought it must have been one of those chinese lanterns you hear about, but i've not seen one before so cant be 100% sure.

If so, who is releasing these across Sussex?

The subject matter could be quite interesting, but the writer presents it like a nerdy 12 year old. Maybe it would be a bit more professional to actually to a bit of research. Perhaps speak to a UFO expert or someone at a star gazers society and see if they have seen anything. Maybe speak to the police and see if reports of lights in the sky have increased recently. Just simple things to peice together and interesting article instead if this ridiculous diatribe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here