Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pub bites the dust?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Drove past The Coach House in Cowfold and it was in total darkness with what appeared to be bailiffs/repossession notices in the windows. Has it closed which is not surprising because it never appeared to be very busy. Another failure for Enterprise Inns possibly due to high rent.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Noticed that recently driving home from work. There's a big old concrete block across the car park entrance to stop pikeys coming in so would assume it's not a short term closure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will keep it closed for 2 years de licence it and demolish it then build houses or flats on it, that is Enterprise Inns usual method saying the pub is not viable, which is true at the rent they want.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
when it was the Red lion most people knew it. It was a good location to meet at. Mentioned the Coach House at Cowfold to someone last year and they said " where's that, never heard of it "

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Been in there a few times. Always served good food and was reasonably busy although that was a few years ago.

What's happened to the King's Head in Burgess Hill? Has it finally been demolished? Been closed for months now.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I wouldn't worry too much. Wetherspoons/Tescos are probably fighting over it now.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Been in there a few times. Always served good food and was reasonably busy although that was a few years ago.

What's happened to the King's Head in Burgess Hill? Has it finally been demolished? Been closed for months now.

Still standing yesterday. I miss seeing the landlord's Harley outside.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Manager fell out with enterprise and cancelled their own licence and shut the doors the same day. Enterprise will re open it when they find a new manager.

I doubt very much that it was manager for Enterprise more likely a leaseholder. If he was a manager they would have probably been a lot busier and also they would have put a relief in until a new manager was appointed not so easy with a lease holder as all they want is the rent, they dont care who pays it.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I doubt very much that it was manager for Enterprise more likely a leaseholder. If he was a manager they would have probably been a lot busier and also they would have put a relief in until a new manager was appointed not so easy with a lease holder as all they want is the rent, they dont care who pays it.

Could be, just what I was told by the land lady of my local which is also owned by Enterprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here