Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another Professional Footballer Gets Caught Drinking & Driving

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
My bet is his defence will centre on how he’s been “depressed” as he hasn’t played competitive football for a year.

And yes, the old line of "depression" will resurface, when he's got absolutely nothing to be down about. Dream job - tick. Multi-millionaire - tick. Anonymous face you wouldn't recognise in the street - tick. He's got it all. And yet some greasy lawyer will represent the weasel and he'll get away with a slap on the wrist when he could have killed someone (six month ban, £10k fine and maybe community service).

Tw@t.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And yes, the old line of "depression" will resurface, when he's got absolutely nothing to be down about. Dream job - tick. Multi-millionaire - tick. Anonymous face you wouldn't recognise in the street - tick. He's got it all. And yet some greasy lawyer will represent the weasel and he'll get away with a slap on the wrist when he could have killed someone (six month ban, £10k fine and maybe community service).

Tw@t.

And freshly-hatchy totty in the car. Possibly in too much of a hurry to get his little leg over.... ???

His team mates don't like him much according to the font of all wisdom, the Sun:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-danny-drinkwater-chelsea-drink-drive-charge/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tw@t.

To be fair, he may well suffer from depression. But it’s interesting how so many celebrities cite this, or other issues, when they’ve simply been a complete and utter knob. And these casual throw-away references to the illness belittles those who genuinely do suffer.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
"Let's talk about Cesc, baby, he's better than Del Alli, let's talk all the good things and the mad things he maybe - a gen-iu-sssss! A genius!" :banana:

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
He could always get away with prosecution by employing the same **** who defended the Shoreham Air Show killer and claiming he was suffering from 'cognitive impairment' due to hypoxia brought on by crap driving.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The cost of which he would set against his tax as most are self employed having set up a company, so the actual cost would be next to nothing. The down side is that he would probably have to make do with a Jag, BMW or Land Rover as opposed to a Ferrari or similar.

That's a good point, if Danny Drinkwater Ltd employed someone it would just impact on the net profit of the company and the corporation tax they'd pay.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how many of those who make dismissive comments on social media about the player have driven over the limit at some stage in their life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/10/danny-drinkwater-maurizio-sarri

Drinkwater, a £35m signing from Leicester City at the start of last season, played half an hour in the Community Shield defeat by Manchester City but has otherwise not featured for Sarri this term.

“As he knows very well, he has never played because, in my opinion, he is not suitable to my system, to my way of playing,” Sarri said. “I told him everything in August. He appreciated it but he decided to remain. And so he knew very well the situation.

“Maybe I am wrong, but it’s my opinion. I try [to be honest with the players]. Of course, sometimes, you have to say something different. But in 99% of cases, I try to be honest. I spoke with him in August, when the market was still open, and said he should look for something different because he wouldn’t play. And I told him the reasons, my reasons.”

- Drinkwater is on £100,000 a week and has a contract till 2022. No wonder he's not interesting in moving. NOBODY would pick that up.

Nice work if you can get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here