Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Another missing Mother deemed vulnerable

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
After all the social media/chat forum posts and mainstream media frenzy about Nicola Bulley, it will be interesting to see how the news of another Mother, Laura Aldridge, who has gone missing this week, much to the distress of her husband and other family members, without a trace (and also clinically vulnerable) will be treated by the media and social chat outlets. This lady has been missing for 4 days and it has only just been picked up by the nationals today - even then, the main hook of the story (the click bait) is that her Brother-in-law is an actor. Would this even have made the nationals if not for that, I wonder ?

This is actually a lady from Sussex (Walberton) , so will feel closer to home for most of us (much closer than earthquakes in third world countries anyway if that’s a criteria for ‘discussion’ for some folk EDIT being ironic in case that should be taken as a serious comparison 🙂)

Laura was seen by ring doorbell leaving home early Tuesday morning leaving her dogs at home, did not take her phone or keys and the family still believe she is in the Walburton area. The family has been appealing and continues to appeal for help from the public so please NSC folk …. keep a lookout 🙏🏼

- reported 4 days ago by local press, nothing since

Last edited:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Someone is reported missing every 90 seconds in the UK
170,000 people are reported missing every year
There are 353,000 reported missing incidents every year (my interpretation - some missing persons are reported multiple times per year)

Astonishing figures (to me) - hardly a surprise, in one sense, that a missing person is not considered to be 'news' by most media outlets.

Source - https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/fo...arch/information-and-research/key-information

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why would you even think of comparing the deaths of more people that can fill the Amex with a person who has gone missing?

Also, the Nicola Bulley story is quite different in that a phone was left on, her dog remained in the area and the likelihood she had fallen in the river.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
After all the social media/chat forum posts and mainstream media frenzy about Nicola Bulley, it will be interesting to see how the news of another Mother, Laura Aldridge, who has gone missing this week, much to the distress of her husband and other family members, without a trace (and also clinically vulnerable) will be treated by the media and social chat outlets. This lady has been missing for 4 days and it has only just been picked up by the nationals today - even then, the main hook of the story (the click bait) is that her Brother-in-law is an actor. Would this even have made the nationals if not for that, I wonder ?

This is actually a lady from Sussex (Walberton) , so will feel closer to home for most of us (much closer than earthquakes in third world countries anyway if that’s a criteria for ‘discussion’ for some folk 🙂)

Laura was seen by ring doorbell leaving home early Tuesday morning leaving her dogs at home, did not take her phone or keys and the family still believe she is in the Walburton area. The family has been appealing and continues to appeal for help from the public so please NSC folk …. keep a lookout 🙏🏼

Your obsession with starting threads at all hours of the day is quite sick.

I'm sorry your thread re the Turkey earthquake didn't get the number of responses that you obviously crave.

Your prolific post count on your present name and your previous names on here is disturbing to say the least.

You need to get another hobby for your own mental health.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

This is actually a lady from Sussex (Walberton) , so will feel closer to home for most of us (much closer than earthquakes in third world countries anyway if that’s a criteria for ‘discussion’ for some folk 🙂)

Not sure why you need the strange tone to this post tbh. As for all missing persons, I hope they find her safe and well.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Why would you even think of comparing the deaths of more people that can fill the Amex with a person who has gone missing?
Anyone that read the missing Lancashire thread will know that that is definitely not my sentiment - quite the opposite!

As for the thread topic, this is a very sad situation for a Sussex lady that has gone missing and the family are directly apoealing for help from the public - By posting this here, I hope it might raise awareness and NSCers could keep their eyes open for her. Sorry if some people find that disturbing, strange, distasteful or objecting to a thread being started about it - there is no malice or ulterior motive for doing so. The issue of vulnerable women going missing is very much a current news topic and as an additional discussion point, raising the question how the media is responding to this compared with Nicola Bulley’s disappearance is a valid point of interest and one I have questioned on another thread, so perhaps that’s made the ‘tone’ of the OP come across as bit ‘strange, if taken out of that context? - Laura Aldridge’s disappearance has barely made national news on the other hand.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You need to get another hobby for your own mental health.

Posting on a chat forum isn't a ‘hobby’ - not even one as great as this. Watching Brighton play football is though and I am delighted to say that after months of illness and sleepless night because of hospital treatment I have finally able to come to Brighton to visit old friends this week and will be going to the Amex in a few hours to watch the match today.😁😁😁😁😁 So happy! (apologies for going off topic but you deserved a response 🙂)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sorry if some people find that disturbing, strange, distasteful or objecting to a thread being started about it - there is no malice or ulterior motive for doing so.
:unsure:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She’s no oil painting is she? Think I’ll stick with the MILF from Lancashire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here