Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another massive game this weekend involving a Sussex league club

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crawley (22nd) are away to Hartlepool (23rd). Three games remaining. Crawley hold a 3 point and +2 goal advantage. Win there and Crawley will surely stay up. Lose it and it's a lottery.

I know lots of people here don't like Crawley much but I think Sussex deserves more than one league club really and Crawley are the only one to have ever been promoted to the league. So I hope they can do it.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Hartlepool with two very hard games against Barrow and Stockport as well, potential playoff implications for both of those sides. I suspect Crawley will stay up, but not going to be easy

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Equally a big game for Eastbourne Boro, a big 6 pointer at Braintree.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill could be in a one off play off game to stay at step 4 after Saturday's matches.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill could be in a one off play off game to stay at step 4 after Saturday's matches.
How many go down from this league? Only one more league match to play.

AC11CF17-5A33-4D70-976C-FE4FC5A69073.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Crawley (22nd) are away to Hartlepool (23rd). Three games remaining. Crawley hold a 3 point and +2 goal advantage. Win there and Crawley will surely stay up. Lose it and it's a lottery.

I know lots of people here don't like Crawley much but I think Sussex deserves more than one league club really and Crawley are the only one to have ever been promoted to the league. So I hope they can do it.
Yep l'm with you on that. Come on you . . . Reds?

Think that's what they are known as.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Indeed, up the Airporters or whatever they're called

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
My father (a life long Albion fan) will be supporting Hartlepool(s) for this one. He won't forgive Crawley for their lack of love for a fellow Sussex team in their hour of need.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My father (a life long Albion fan) will be supporting Hartlepool(s) for this one. He won't forgive Crawley for their lack of love for a fellow Sussex team in their hour of need.
If you are referring to Crawley turning down the Albion's plea to groundshare at the Broadfield Stadium, l think that was more down to Crawley council vetoing the request, not the football club, as they owned the stadium.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Unfortunately Crawley is a ticking timebomb, a family member worked there earlier in the season and for all their big talk the new owners finance is entirely based on crypto currency, so if they survive this year its probably only kicking the can down the road.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
How many go down from this league? Only one more league match to play.

View attachment 159867
Two automatically (20th and 19th) and then 17th and 18th are in a play off against the teams which finish 2nd in the Southern Counties East Football League and Southern Combination respectively. Its all regionalised to essentially play your nearest team to you, with exceptions. If both Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath get relegated, then they'll likely be in the Southern Combination next season with Crowborough or Bexhill moved over to Southern Counties East (which is basically the Kent League). Its the last year they are doing this system of playoffs as the experiment hasn't really worked, with the higher division sides having better budgets and better players, so next year it will be 4 relegation places and a traditional 4 team play off in the division below.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
If you are referring to Crawley turning down the Albion's plea to groundshare at the Broadfield Stadium, l think that was more down to Crawley council vetoing the request, not the football club, as they owned the stadium.
Where there is a will , there is a way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two automatically (20th and 19th) and then 17th and 18th are in a play off against the teams which finish 2nd in the Southern Counties East Football League and Southern Combination respectively. Its all regionalised to essentially play your nearest team to you, with exceptions. If both Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath get relegated, then they'll likely be in the Southern Combination next season with Crowborough or Bexhill moved over to Southern Counties East (which is basically the Kent League). Its the last year they are doing this system of playoffs as the experiment hasn't really worked, with the higher division sides having better budgets and better players, so next year it will be 4 relegation places and a traditional 4 team play off in the division below.
This. I feel very sorry for the eastern and westernmost teams in the SCFL at the moment, as the likes of Crowbourough, Bexhill, Little Common, Uckfield, Pagham, Midhurst et al, really don't know which league they will be allocated to easch season. As you say, as things stgand, it is all dependent on which teams get promoted and relegated come the end of the season.

I had a long chat with the Crowborough chairman when YM played there a few weeks ago, he really was up in arms at the present system.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unfortunately Crawley is a ticking timebomb, a family member worked there earlier in the season and for all their big talk the new owners finance is entirely based on crypto currency, so if they survive this year its probably only kicking the can down the road.
Exactly. Going down and kicking out the Clueless Crypto Bros might actually be more long term good than finishing 22nd

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I wouldn't want to be a Crawley fan at the game if they win
Those Hartlepool fans take no prisoners
Not even Monkeys!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The only time I've cheered a Crawley result is when they dumped the champions of the universe out of the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago.
If they don't go down this season, it's going to be another struggle next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here