Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another great Goldstone memory - On this day in 1978

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I was there. Stood on my crate down front of East Terrace. Great childhood memory of coming back to win that game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
and he gets the programmes from www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk

Glad to see all that scanning isn't going to waste!

Weirdly I was just thinking the other week wouldn't it be great if someone scanned in all the programmes from down the years (would make me feel less guilty about throwing them out if I knew they were all available somewhere - I have boxes of them!)

Feb 14, 2010
I was there. Stood on my crate down front of East Terrace. Great childhood memory of coming back to win that game.

The East terrace was (when it was all open and the away fans were in the corner) was the beating heart of the Albion. The decline, closure and giving the south east to away fans meant the Goldstone was never the same. The Amex need an East terrace. The lower East as a terrace would be the best we could do. The North always took the glory, but the East was the true home.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Weirdly I was just thinking the other week wouldn't it be great if someone scanned in all the programmes from down the years (would make me feel less guilty about throwing them out if I knew they were all available somewhere - I have boxes of them!)

I've been scanning on and off since 2010.

The site has most home games since 1950 up to 2011. The only gaps are a few from the 50s and some random friendlies.

Working on the Amex ones as we speak.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've been scanning on and off since 2010.

The site has most home games since 1950 up to 2011. The only gaps are a few from the 50s and some random friendlies.

Working on the Amex ones as we speak.

Great work!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
In the North Stand about a quarter of the way down just the right of the goal as you face the pitch. Remember it vividly.......I had to ring my father (from the Club Reception) after the game, to come and collect me as I could barely see to drive - my glasses having fallen off and been smashed in the wild celebrations. But I didn't care. Glad the game ended 30 seconds later though - as I couldn't see the ball or make out the players with my short-sightedness.

Unreal times - great times.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I burnt loads after a house move,gulls eyes the lot......yes i lost the plot and somewhat regret now,but some times you have to move forwards..

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Went completely ballistic and may even have ventured onto the pitch. Saw Potts, Maybank and Sayer the Druids round about this time absolutely sh*tfaced - can't remember if it was anything to do with this game though. So many years ago now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In the North Stand about a quarter of the way down just the right of the goal as you face the pitch. Remember it vividly.......I had to ring my father (from the Club Reception) after the game, to come and collect me as I could barely see to drive - my glasses having fallen off and been smashed in the wild celebrations. But I didn't care. Glad the game ended 30 seconds later though - as I couldn't see the ball or make out the players with my short-sightedness.

Unreal times - great times.

Brilliant!

Jan 30, 2008
The East terrace was (when it was all open and the away fans were in the corner) was the beating heart of the Albion. The decline, closure and giving the south east to away fans meant the Goldstone was never the same. The Amex need an East terrace. The lower East as a terrace would be the best we could do. The North always took the glory, but the East was the true home.
Lower east stand next to the away pen became a popular place to stand in the 80s with people transferring over from the north , tea bar at the back and a bit of fencing to seperate home and away fans would lead to a lively afternoon at the Goldstone
regards
DR

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We were sat on the wall in the north-east corner, below the Sunderland fans. After the second goal we speedily nipped off along the running track....

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I was definitely there.

Something makes me think that one of the goals was scored with a smoke bomb going off in the area at the time.

May well be wrong but what great times

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was too young to go, but remember the Radio Brighton reports on this one at the time. I think I missed the last ones and Dad told me we'd won. Initially I didn't believe him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here