Another great example of team spirit and unity

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Players Plan Benefit For Piercy

taken from the official shite

Players Plan Benefit For Piercy

Charlie Oatway has paid tribute to team-mate John Piercy after his decision to retire due to illness.

Piercy today announced his decision to hang up his boots, and the Albion midfielder said, "It's a sad day for the boys. We knew from day one that John had some problems with his stomach.

0,,10433~420205,00.jpg

"He was trying to fight it with the club doctors, Malcolm Stuart and his own doctor, and he was trying to get fit and get prepared for games. But he's finally decided that it's not getting any better and he's had to call it a day.

"I knew that John was struggling with everything but I didn't realise to what extent; I thought he was on the mend. Obviously that's not the case, and he spoke to the gaffer yesterday and has come to the decision that he's going to retire."

Oatway also revealed he and his fellow team-mates plan to hold a benefit day at some point in the near future for Piercy. "We'll have a golf day when the weather gets a bit better, but I'd rather get something done sooner rather than later because John's got a mortgage to pay.

"We might also arrange a meal with a comedian and that sort of thing. With some help from the fans as well, I'm sure we can help John out."

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That proves the value of Charlie Oatway:clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:clap2: Always the first to help :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports