Another Donny view from yesterday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Good read. Glad to hear some positives from Rovers' fans. I clapped when both their players were stretchered off, btw :thumbsup:

Thought I might of bumped into you yesterday actually mate, no worries though I'm sure we'll get to have a beer in the coming months.

As far as their players being stretchered off is concerned I think I called it wrong. I clapped Hayter off as I didn't see what happened. With Sharp though I thought, wrongly, as it's now been proved, that it was just a time wasting ploy and although I didn't boo i'm sure a few shouts of "I hope you're adding this on at the end Ref" came out.

Cracking day though mate, gutted that Fatboy couldn't get over for it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Great piece of writing there. Think he's got it a tad wrong on CMS doing nothing, but otherwise, spot on.
This line is brilliant:
"I have been attending football league games regularly for around fourteen years, and in all that time I have never been made to feel as welcome as I was at the Amex"
Exactly what the Donny fans deserved.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
A great read, very fair and to the point. Well done that man!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Really enjoyed reading that. Very fair and I almost feel sorry for them not getting anything out of the game. Almost.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Excellent read and unlike that Viking jerk no moaning. To me this is far more representative of a typical Donny fan, well done that man and let's hope Sharp and Hayter are not as badly hurt as first thought.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's a superb read. Not just because it's nice about us... really well-written. Puts most of the press reports to shame.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great report - shame he won't be covering all our games this season.

Quick mia culpa - I was booing Sharp at one point because he actually stood up, looked (from a distance) like he was moaning about something and then sat down again. Really felt like time wasting. But when the stretcher came on I realised it was more serious and of course clapped him off. I think a lot of people made the same mistake initially.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports