Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Danny Cullip rumour

On a rare visit to the Hob Nob Anyone? site, I see my fellow Reading fans are speculating that Danny Cullip is our new
"mystery central defender" that Alan Pardew has been cryptically alluding to over the past week. The RFC rumour mill has chugged into action because apparently Cullip has moved into a house in Lower Earley, on the outskirts of Reading.

I must admit, I'm not sure this is good news from our point of view, if true. We certainly need another central defender until our two England U-17 internationals come through into the first team. However, I kinda formed the impression that Danny Cullip was a decent Div 2/3 level stopper, but little more. Not really what we're looking for to mount another promotion challenge this season.

Any news on this down there in Sussex? Word is that we could offer John Mackie in exchange...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Heard this before and someone knew why he had moved I think.

He is easily good enough for Reading. He's not going to Reading though. :salute:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wilts said:
There's a new rumour (allegedly on Sky Sports) that we've agreed something for Chris Perry :ohmy:

Can't see it myself.

Chris Perry was a very good defender. Ben Thatcher was a very good defender. (Both for Wimbledon). I've seen them play.

Unfortunately they both went to Tottenham where a certain Mr Hoddle turned them into bad players.

Wilts, he is a good player, they used to call Perry "Rash" because he was all over players.

Oh, and Spurs turned Neil Sullivan from a good keeper to an average player.

(Good luck Bob. You should have gone to Leicester or Charlton - decent managers)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won't be suprised if he goes as Pardew can offer him a step up in divisions, a bigger salary and a better ground. :angry: ing Pardew

No preseason games played , rumours of a house in Reading area. How many signs do we need:wave:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Danny has already commented on this himself back on 30th June and laughed at the rumours.

All because he has bought a house near his family.

He's going to be playing either at Yeovil or Withdean for the Leicester friendly. He has been recovering from an injury.

End of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Danny has already commented on this himself back on 30th June and laughed at the rumours.

All because he has bought a house near his family.

He's going to be playing either at Yeovil or Withdean for the Leicester friendly. He has been recovering from an injury.

End of.

You are the board's biggest optimist Yorkie and I hope you're right:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here