Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another cracker from the argus

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Jesus Christ! I wouldn't give my 18 year old that crap, let alone a 5 month old baby. Anyway, you are supposed to wean babies from 6 months. I wonder what other culinary delights that poor infant has been subjected to? Perhaps the social services should be alerted. The parents don't appear to be capable of bringing up a child in a responsible manner. Looks like another unfounded parasitic claim against a multi national.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11712633.Father_blames_fit_on_KFC/

The comments section is hilarious.

A NEW father suffered a fit on his bathroom floor after eating chicken from a fast-food chain.

Jack Saunders, 20, had picked up a bargain bucket and chicken strips from KFC in Western Road, Brighton, on Tuesday to take to his girlfriend, who was looking after their five-month-old baby.

A couple of hours after eating his lunch he was violently ill and, by 3am, the symptoms were so bad he could not control his body.

His girlfriend, Georgia Geddes, 18, who was with their son Lennox at the couple’s Brighton home, said she noticed how pink the chicken was and called the branch.

She did not eat any but her boy-friend had eaten six pieces.

Mr Saunders said: “At 3am I was in such a bad place.

“It just wouldn’t stop. I wasn’t in control of my body and I was just lying there fitting on the bathroom floor – it was pretty scary.

I’m quite a big lad and I’ve not had anything like this before.

“The really scary thing is we usually blend some of our food like vegetables and things to feed the baby – so imagine if we’d done that with the chicken.

“I had diarrhoea and I was being sick at the same time. I didn’t know what to do.”

Mr Saunders visited a doctor and is awaiting results. He said he suspected food poisoning.

A KFC spokeswoman said: “At KFC we take these allegations very seriously as food safety is of paramount importance to us and we have rigorous cooking processes and procedures in place to make such cases highly unlikely.

“We’re waiting to receive the product so that we can examine the allegation fully and until we have completed our investigation we’re unable to comment further.”

The couple contacted Environmental Health and the chicken is being picked up today for investigation.

Looking at the picture, he is not as big as he claims. Looks a bit on the small side to me, either that or his missus is the size of Fatimer Whitbread!!!

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
"The couple contacted Environmental Health and the chicken is being picked up today for investigation."

Sounds like the chicken might still be alive :(

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought he had a KFC?

Where did all this chicken come from that they are testing then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many years ago, my young lady of the time and I had a good friend who lived on the Isle of Wight. She was a somewhat batty nurse. She cooked us a lunch of chicken, and when I stuck my fork in and tried to cut, there was clearly something wrong. Raw chicken is pale and translucent, whereas cooked chicken (breast) is white. Raw chicken is also distinctively cold, slimey and disgusting. For reasons unknown to me, my other half gave me a look that said 'don't, for God's sake, say anything!'. English lower middle class embarrassment issues . . . So we spent the next 20 minutes, four people, poking at a chicken meal and pretending to eat it, murmering 'yum yum' etc.. Fortunately there were no side effects, and the two of us topped up on a takeaway (not chicken) on the drive home. My conclusion then is that this boy in the Argus' claim he ate six pieces of raw chicken without noticing it was raw till after he became ill is beyond credibility. I offer that to KFC in case they decide, foolishly, to settle out of court.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"i can't believe ur all slagging jack and georgia off like this all over kfc.my god what has this world come to.it's there buisness not yours."

Apart from their business being in the local paper for people to read, it's definitely cofidential...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Don't tell me. Their flat has some mould by a window and they expect the council to re house them in a mansion on Withdean avenue, thus allowing for future expansion of their family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here