Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Aussie legend dies in acidental death.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No Wozza, not a Stingray *Sigh* I'm sure we'll have a minutes silence on the weekend so I'll leave you horrible lot in peace, kind of sad that you just can't help taking the piss - even though I've made it obvious what it means to me.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
tedebear said:
No Wozza, not a Stingray *Sigh* I'm sure we'll have a minutes silence on the weekend so I'll leave you horrible lot in peace, kind of sad that you just can't help taking the piss - even though I've made it obvious what it means to me.

sorry :down: Although you rarely see much sympathy dished out on NSC for anyone - let alone an Aussie motor racing bloke most have never heard of. RIP though :angel:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
That's tragic news.

Peter Brock was one of the true legends of Australian motorsport. The duels between him and Larry Perkins were legendary.

You haven't seen motor racing until you've been to the "King of the Mountain" at Bathurst. It's a fantastic day out for all petrol heads.

If I remember correctly, there was a garage in Seaford that had one his Holdens.

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
Grandstand used to make a token attempt to show the Bathurst and Brock was just about the only name I remember from that.

Oh, and he's not a rally driver, it was touring cars, innit.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Tyrone Biggums said:
Yeah i'm sorry, but seeing as i was born and live here i guess i am a bit Aussiecentric.

Can I ask how you got into the Albion, bearing in mind you were born and live in Oz

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ha yeah there's a few factors that lead to me following the Albion.

English Football on the ABC sunday mornings was were i was first exposed to the round ball game in the late 70's.

I never had a team then.

But what finally sealed it was watching my first FA Cp final and picking Brighton to win because they were like my home town of Geelong a southern seaside city.

Unfortunately we didn't and the rest is history.

Mind you back when i was a kid,kids of anglo/celt backgrounds didnt watch soccer cause it was seen as being a wogs/poofs type game.

So for along time until i went to high school,where there were kids of euro migrants i was pretty much the only kid in my classes that liked watching it.

Then as the years rolled on its popularity grew and of course the bandwagoners started so most people only supported 3 or 4 of the big clubs and nobody outside the premier league.

There used to be an Albion supporters clun in Oz that had about 30 members, a guy used to have a mate who's send him out argus clippings and he'd photo copy em and send em out to everyone.

I used to get a great thrill getting this stuff as this was before the advent of the internet.

It's been a lonely odd road to travel as an Albion fan, never having anyone to talk about ya club with but i'd never ever think of changing teams cause i love this one too much.

Last edited:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Tyrone Biggums said:
Ha yeah there's a few factors that lead to me following the Albion.

English Football on the ABC sunday mornings was were i was first exposed to the round ball game in the late 70's.

I never had a team then.

But what finally sealed it was watching my first FA Cp final and picking Brighton to win because they were like my home town of Geelong a southern seaside city.

Unfortunately we didn't and the rest is history.

Mind you back when i was a kid kids of anglo/celt backgrounds didnt watch soccer cause it was seen as being a wogs/poofs type game.

So for along time until i went to high school and where there were kids or euro migrants i was pretty much the only kid on my classes that liked watching it.

Then as the years rolled on its popularity grew and of course the bandwagoners started so most people supported 3 or 4 of the big clubs and nobody outside the premier league.

There used to be an Albion supporters clun in Oz that had about 30 members, a guy used to have a mate who's send him out argus clippings and he'd photo copy em and send em out to everyone.

I used to get a great thrill getting this stuff as this was before the advent of the internet.

It's been a lonely odd road to travel as an Albion fan, never having anyone to talk about ya club with but i'd never ever think of changing teams cause i love this one too much.

That's a bonza little tale mate. Ripper.

You stick with us sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here