Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anonymous 'declares war' on Islamic State

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BG is the leader of Anonymous.

If BensGrandad really is the leader of Anonymous, ISIS are ****ed.

"Mohummad - my iPad is totally frozen!"
"Mine too, Salim. All I can see is a little spinning frickin' doughnut!"

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

...oh, hang on ....that sounds like one of those dro......WHOOOOOMMPPHHH.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

:lolol:

Abdul: "I'm trying to find out how to make this dirty bomb, but I keep getting redirected to football rumours!"
Ahmed: "All I've been able to discover is that Liam Rosenior can't play left back"
Tariq Hassan, Palestine Park: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:lolol:

Abdul: "I'm trying to find out how to make this dirty bomb, but I keep getting redirected to football rumours!"
Ahmed: "All I've been able to discover is that Liam Rosenior can't play left back"

:bowdown:

Genius.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In a word no. Problem is they hack in and tell everyone they have which is part of the point.

Problem with that is that alerts the attacked to security flaws in their communication. The intention is morally good, but I think unfortunately has a negative effect in the long run. Best left to the professionals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In a word no. Problem is they hack in and tell everyone they have which is part of the point.

Problem with that is that alerts the attacked to security flaws in their communication. The intention is morally good, but I think unfortunately has a negative effect in the long run. Best left to the professionals.
Really? I haven't a clue about how to start hacking anything myself, and I'm of a generation that doesn't really approve - a bit like graffiti in that respect.
However, I can see the attraction and the excitement young keyboard wizards might get from a game (unofficial and illegal) of cracking codes, going in where they shouldn't, and fcu king up somebody's system. So let us welcome their initiative, and encourage them to use their talents - which are considerable - to p!ss off ISIS and generally fc uk up their IT communications, rather than just going around closing down banks or health services for a few hours. Good on them - nerds united, I say!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see what claphan_gull is saying: they will expose and publise weak security in the ISIL communications and IT, so alerting ISIL to that weakness which can then be secured. that might have been a valuable active source of intelligence. Anonymous arent as much interested in attacking the target du jour as much as publicising they have attacked them. they want the notoriety. and they have a habit of attacking or catching up other systems nearby as they dont care, if a service provider gets DOSd because they are hitting one server they think thats not their problem. its online vigilantism with collateral damage on any bystanders.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bozzaar: "You wouldn't have had these problems with an Allahu Apple."

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

إيقاف تشغيله و الدخول مرة أخرى .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So let us welcome their initiative, and encourage them to use their talents - which are considerable - to p!ss off ISIS and generally fc uk up their IT communications..

Problem is they then stop using that system. The recent terrorists attacks do not rely on the internet - it's just makes them easier.

All the time it's "open" information is gathered, shut the thing down and the infornation is gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here