Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankregen wears stripes......

D

Deleted member 18477

Winds me right up. How can you defend that mistake?

We're not a charity for "good blokes". This is a professional football club trying to get promotion.

This. Ankergren is DOGSHIT!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

We're not a charity for "good blokes". This is a professional football club trying to get promotion.

I think this is right. I do feel sorry for him, but he is paid sheds loads of money (more than most of us on here) to do fairly basic things. And he failed.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I just feel really sad tonight, initially because of Ankers mistake and losing us two points but now all I feel is sadness for Ankergren at the utter overreaction to his mistake. Two threads calling him a F***ing useless c**t? another calling for his immediate dismissal? Another pasting his face on a Down's syndrome football team? Fair enough the last thread got an apology, but come on boys, we're better than that. Ankers will be gutted and will quite rightly get dropped down the pecking order, but we still got a decent away point today. There's passion and disappointment and then there's overreaction.
I totally agree with Gus, we win, lose or draw as a team and that includes us the fans. Forget about the mistake and concentrate on getting a win against charlton Monday.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I just feel really sad tonight, initially because of Ankers mistake and losing us two points but now all I feel is sadness for Ankergren at the utter overreaction to his mistake. Two threads calling him a F***ing useless c**t? another calling for his immediate dismissal? Another pasting his face on a Down's syndrome football team? Fair enough the last thread got an apology, but come on boys, we're better than that. Ankers will be gutted and will quite rightly get dropped down the pecking order, but we still got a decent away point today. There's passion and disappointment and then there's overreaction.
I totally agree with Gus, we win, lose or draw as a team and that includes us the fans. Forget about the mistake and concentrate on getting a win against charlton Monday.

I think you'll find Charlton is on Tuesday and hopefully with TK in goal or you can expect another howler. Unfortunately football at this level isn't for the sentimentalist and therefore if Ankers continues to play we will not get to the play offs. The fella is simply a liability!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Most are missing my point.

I never said I rated CA at this level, I said that he wears the BHA shirt and so he gets my FULL support to give him confidence not lack of.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
They won't if they are true SUPPORTERS.

other players make mistakes that lead to goals.
So true....how many people came on here and slated Ulloa when he missed that penalty at Barnsley. Up to that mistake Anky made some very good saves...especially that double one...Goalie is the most unglamorous position on the pitch...make a mistake elsewhere on the pitch and another player can cover for you...basic mistake on not keeping your heels together when dropping on a shot...I'm sure he did not say to himself 'I don't want us promoted so I'll let them score'...get real fellows...he plays for the Albion...support him. Kooshy is still the number one goalie but till he is back.....SUPPORT!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

The best and most constructive post on here, well spoken sir.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I think you'll find Charlton is on Tuesday and hopefully with TK in goal or you can expect another howler. Unfortunately football at this level isn't for the sentimentalist and therefore if Ankers continues to play we will not get to the play offs. The fella is simply a liability!

Yes, sorry Tuesday it is, it was very late and I'd had a few to drink. And my comments about Ankergren weren't about sentimentality, it was about rightly criticising him whilst keeping a level of decency and perspective on the result and a player who will be Absolutely gutted too about the dropped 2 points.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

You've never, ever made a mistake? That's why people defend him. These things happen. He's not our number one keeper anyway so what's the point in slagging him off? Unlikely to be in any way helpful.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Maybe it's both. Poor concentration but correct stance would have led to him missing the ball with his hands and the ball hitting his chest or a thigh. Poor concentration plus poor technique would lead to the ball missing his hands and then also his body.

As uploaded earlier:

goalkeeping.jpg

You might want to show that to our England No. 1 then.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can I humbly suggest anyone slagging Ankers off watches the Football League show. Just watched it, and he was definitely mom up to the last minute when he made his mistake. Yes, it's frustrating and googling annoying, but some of the vitriol being posted is well out of order. We could easily have been 3 or 4 down if it hadn't been for him. I can only assume all those saying he should be sacked or have his contract terminated are all perfect and have never made a mistake at work in their entire lives.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If he'd collected the daisy cutter as he usually would he would have been hailed a hero and would have been credited with being crucial in our win.

But because he made a gaffe, he has become utterly Google and unplayable.

Exactly. I don't know why that is nonsense.

A goalkeeper isn't judged by what might have happened had he not made a mistake...

For the record I'd never boo anyone and I'm sure the goalkeeper feels bad enough as it is for the mistake. But I'm thinking realistically, he is not good enough for a team pushing for play off places. That just seems very clear to me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Most are missing my point.

I never said I rated CA at this level, I said that he wears the BHA shirt and so he gets my FULL support to give him confidence not lack of.

That's hardly surprising is it.

Those slagging him off are probably geniuses and master craftsmen in their own professions, have never made a mistake in their lives and are blessed with so much talent that they have no concept of failure or the need to work together as a team.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think he could have done better with the first goal as well.

Think he was a tad unlucky with that one to be fair. He looked to have it covered until it took a looping deflection off Hammonds boot.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Casper seems to do ok in front of his own supporters, but i seem to recall that most of his howlers have come in front of the opposing supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here