Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Animosity towards Derby?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Chris Martin for me. Absolute ****. Gave Bruno a little rub on the head after he equalised in the last minute in December. Horrible bloke.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The Derby choke is an annual event, as is this...
image.jpg
I for one would miss it.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Chris Martin patted Bruno on the back of the head after their late penalty last game. Infuriated me.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I had no ill feeling towards them after the play off game, in fact I wanted them to go up but after playing them this season all respect went out the window..

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
After the playoff game at ours some of their fans didn't cover themselves in glory at the station, however on the train back to London I was chatting to a group of them that were all decent and normal fans. But the others still riled me.

No real hatred and think they are a good side who have just as many deluded fans as us in all likelihood

The way their chairman has acted lately though is almost on or with Leeds so have to feel sorry for the fans, even if it does help us in the league

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
McLaren commenting that we beat them by a couple of 'nothing' goals at home when we were struggling and they were flying last season. P1ssed me right off.

Absolutely this for me.

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its just nice to see a team that has spent 25M on players struggling, showing that its who you buy not how much you spend. Now for a half season Jordan Rhodes goal drought at Boro...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Their sense of entitlement this season and condescending views on other clubs has made me dislike them (along with the fact they are spending silly money). Had nothing against them until this season.

Pretty much this. On the flip side I suppose Derby 'we're entitled to be in the Premier League' County fans are unparalleled when it comes to the historical misery they face in their manager buggering off to their rivals and winning that club two European Cups. Not even the Palace playoff decbacle comes close to the horror of waking up to that every day.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They was really liked for bringing youngsters through and playing good attacking football,but
now they've gone down the wrong route by splashing silly money just like boro.

The good thing is the tickets are cheap at derby unlike most other clubs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the flip side I suppose Derby 'we're entitled to be in the Premier League' County fans are unparalleled when it comes to the historical misery they face in their manager buggering off to their rivals and winning that club two European Cups.

Which was prompted by a chairman thinking he knew more about football than the manager and forcing him out. There are some uncomfortable parallels there

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Firstly I have no sour grapes about Derby's play off win over us, they won on merit.

However there is no denying the pervading aura of entitlement and some conspicuous bigotry among too many of their fans, plus certain DCFC players who act like complete cocks. This is disrespectful towards other Championship clubs and players trying to do things professionally and properly without spending silly money. It serves to intensify the spotlight on Derby and their lack of excuses for their own serial failings in recent seasons. Compounded by having to watch and struggle to acknowledge that clubs like Bournemouth and Watford have comfortably eclipsed them.

McLaren had a lack of class about him at times and indulged his players in too much gamesmanship (Chris Martin: good striker but an appalling serial diver) and ridiculous time wasting antics by players and ball boys that rightly earned no credit from among genuine football fans.

Now we have the current managerial shenanigans on top of an expensive squad that plays like individuals rather than as a team. No wonder DCFC and a number of their fans are now such a soft target for derision from across many footie forums. I have some sympathy for their proper fans having to put up with all these antics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here