Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Angry or Frustrated today ?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
When the 3rd goal went in I was fuming with anger, swearing at Gus and effin and blinding at the players.
Then as the game went on it turned to frustration because we started taking control of the midfield and played a little eye candy football passing it around but with no clue what to do with the ball in the box.
I was strangely confidant at Half time, maybe with an early goal etc.......but my frustration quickly turned to Anger when the other goals went in.
So now do I blame Gus? Brez? etc or just calm down and take stock of how we've done in the last couple of seasons.
After 35 years of supporting the albion I think today I am entitled to be just plain ANGRY !

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Actually I'm neither.

Was both angry and frustrated after the Reading game, but this one has just left me feeling that its been an amazing season, we have learnt a lot, need a few more players in the summer and then we can have a good bash at promotion next year.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Didnt really get any better though did we ?

WH stopped playing after 3-0 and LET us have the ball

When they wanted to turn it on again in the 2nd half they did, mistakes all round but... Gus, Brez, El Abd and especially Dicker need to be very disapointed in themselves tonight

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We need a goalkeeper and a predator goalscorer.....Le Fondre...?.....Federici....not going to get them but something similar would do....but lets face it....we have had a good season....now Charlton are promoted,Donny down,let's start getting ready for next season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Frustrated by the refusal to attack with wingers and 2 strikers. We went there to defend..............and lost 6-0.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Happy with the season overall, of course disappointed and frustrated with today....roll on Tuesday and God help Watford if the players react as they should do to that.

Yoda

English & European
Both! Felt confident after the performance against Reading, but today has all but kill our play-off hopes.

All this talk about an amazing season is pointless if it turns into a damp squid after the fantastic run we had from the beginning of 2012 to get ourself back in there. :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Frustrated but it was coming. Teams like West Ham have Prem quality in their squads, pay a lot more money out than we do, so it wasn't that surprising. We still had a lot of League 1 players out there today, but I'm sure we'll bounce back next season. I don't think for a minute that we'll do it but it is still mathematically possible to get in the playoffs and I would have taken that last August.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Happy with the season overall, of course disappointed and frustrated with today....roll on Tuesday and God help Watford if the players react as they should do to that.

That was how I was thinking after the reading game so here comes another defeat then.
I'm going to take these results as a blessing in disguise because if being in the prem with this team means getting beat like today then screw all the prestige and all of the perks of the prem.
Losing week in week out just hurts too much.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
I fully agree with this comment. Just spoken to a mate who's a Season Ticket Holder at Derby. When they got promoted to the Premiurship back in 2007, if you remember that following season they only won one game & only scored 11 points all season. They just got hammered every week, if you pardon the word hammered after yesterday. All because they got promoted with a team that was in no way ready for the Premiurship. Do we really want lots of yesterday's next season. NO WE DON'T. So let Gus get it right in time. I'm sure he learnt a lot yesterday, & let's go up with a team that has a real chance of staying there.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I loved the understatement on teletext, "West Ham dented Brighton's play off hopes"

I laughed at that. I think it was less of a dent, more of a crush.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sadly thought we'd lose yesterday, as West ham have/do everything we can't cope with, bigger more physical players and a direct approach that results in lots of crosses.

So, frustrated, yes. Annoyed, no. I was more upset after Reading, because we should have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here