Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anger at decision to acquire Mash Barn

D

Deleted member 22389

Pathetic these people. They should feel lucky that at least something positive is being done with the land.

The people of Newhaven got an incinerator dumped on their doorsteps, whilst Peacehaven obtained the Sewage treatment works. This training ground is honestly nothing to complain about.
I think in the end it will actually add value to these people properties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean

It is difficult to express in words how incredibly stupid these complainants are. They are being moronic on an epic scale. If my property was adjacent to the land my view would be that there is no better thing to have happpen to it. The land is not an AOONB, it is scrubland and scruffy and surrounded by housing and roads and airport. It is precisely this type of land that with the current pressure on land for developement will be used one way or another. So unless you want industrial units (noise, pollution, lorries), housing ( traffic, pressure on local service ) or supermarket ( much traffic, trollies in front garden, constant noise even in evenings ) you had better get something else put there and quick. This applicaton once built will cause hardly any traffic, hardly any noise and none at night with the only building taking up only a fraction of the land area so even the skyline will be unaltered for most residents.

In many ways I hope their pathetic ignorance is rewarded by a leaking nuclear power plant being built there instead ( with a small amount of land set aside for a gipsy encampment and open prison ). Then and only then, should they be beaten with sticks.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
A mate at work lives in Grinstead lane just outside the mashbarn estate, and said some of the residents have extended their gardens on to said land without permission.
I used to live in Lancing when I was a young lad and used the small lane that runs behind the Mashbarn to take a short cut a friends house in the widewater. I don't see what the big fuss is all about I think it could only improve the area, but I do have My blue n white rose tinted glasses on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A mate at work lives in Grinstead lane just outside the mashbarn estate, and said some of the residents have extended their gardens on to said land without permission.

This was reported some time ago and was apparently one of the reasons for the council to move in and reclaim the land rather than allow residents to claim it under ancient laws. This originally upset the residents, I wonder why !.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
This was reported some time ago and was apparently one of the reasons for the council to move in a and reclaim the land rather than allow residents to claim it under ancient laws. This originally upset the residents, I wonder why!.

Like other people have said on this post it could be a lot worse for them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Could be worse, could be turned into a huge housing estate, at least it'll remain as fields. People don't like change.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't wait for Tesco's to pick up on this small part of England being available that they haven't, as yet, colonised!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It is difficult to express in words how incredibly stupid these complainants are. They are being moronic on an epic scale. If my property was adjacent to the land my view would be that there is no better thing to have happpen to it. The land is not an AOONB, it is scrubland and scruffy and surrounded by housing and roads and airport. It is precisely this type of land that with the current pressure on land for developement will be used one way or another. So unless you want industrial units (noise, pollution, lorries), housing ( traffic, pressure on local service ) or supermarket ( much traffic, trollies in front garden, constant noise even in evenings ) you had better get something else put there and quick. This applicaton once built will cause hardly any traffic, hardly any noise and none at night with the only building taking up only a fraction of the land area so even the skyline will be unaltered for most residents.

In many ways I hope their pathetic ignorance is rewarded by a leaking nuclear power plant being built there instead ( with a small amount of land set aside for a gipsy encampment and open prison ). Then and only then, should they be beaten with sticks.

That sums up my thinking on this issue very well TBH...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Fcuking outrageous behaviour by the locals if true, and explains their NIMBY (literally!) attitude... twonks!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
they only have a group of about 30 that arent happy,it will fizzle out

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

You want to be careful writing things like that as the local NIMBY group will see that as threats and call the police again, I'm not joking either they've done it before because of similar things written on NSC and there was even an article in the same Herald paper a while ago about Albion fans on NSC threatening the local protesters. They might only be a small group of protesters but there's no limit to the lies they will tell to get people on they're side and in fact if you read the full article in this weeks Herald they yet again mention alleged threats from Albion fans, Although the funniest part of the article is one of the NIMBY's claiming the extra traffic caused by the training complex will lead to more accidents due to the amount of kids roaming the estate because the they're parents are incapable of looking after them properly.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The planning committee will only take into account objections supported by objective evidence against relevant planning criteria - and not subjective anecdotes pushed by the local newspaper who are trying to find a story. All that does is undermine the objectors case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

:lol:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Great post!

At least the Lib Dems are inviting our comments.

Steve Martin
Monday, March 5, 2012 at 01:47 PM

5th.March 2012. Ever since the Adur District came into being some 40 years ago the local Liberal Democrat Party has fought tooth and nail to preserve the policy of strategic gaps between Shoreham & Lancing and Lancing & Sompting with Worthing. The reasons and arguments for doing so have not changed. The most important of which was to give autonomy to the concerned communities and break up the unremitting coastal sprawl, and to prevent the overdevelopment that has occurred in those unprotected areas. This was achieved by the vigilance and a strategic plan at Adur sympathetic to this philosophy. Around the millennium the balance of power changed at Adur in favour of the Conservatives and Government policy applied pressure to release more land for development. Very quickly brown sites became covered with high density housing for example the old wharfs on Shoreham beach. The . strategic gap covered by the local plan started to be eroded by allowing the construction of a Golf course between the Airport and the Mash Barn in Lancing selling the idea by the developer providing new playing fields for the community on the land next door. The Government then suspended to Local Strategic Plan for revision and to date this has not been completed. In quick succession applications to build vast housing estates in the gap have been proposed. On to the scene now appears Brighton and Hove football club looking to find a location for a training ground for their players and long term development of their business. They decide that the proposed area already earmarked as playing fields would be ideal for their purposes and with great haste put in a proposal with incentives for acceptance which has Adur Councillors in an election year falling over with anticipation of political success in developing the strategic gap. This with some local party support and the backing of the football fans whose numbers in Adur are not inconsiderable. Other than policy the one major problem with the proposal is the current minimal access to the land to be developed. The one access road which will not fall foul of West Sussex County Council roads policy is a cart track unused for some 35 years. This un-adopted road was invaded one morning with contractors working on instructions from Adur Council to clear it to make access possible. There was no consultation with residents and damage was done to several home owners’ property. When the residents complained they were given an insensitive reply by the authorities resulting in an action group forming to find out what exactly was going on. The reporting of this group was reported by your local paper in an insensitive manner resulting in the lunatic fringe concluding that this movement was Anti Brighton and Hove Albion and they in turn over reacted in more than an insensitive manner. We are left now with an opportunistic Conservative Adur Council, some very upset residents on the Mash Barn and Monks Farm estate. A Golf Course owner with nowhere to build his community playing fields, A football club with deadlines to meet, An access problem that has the potential to disrupt local traffic and encourage further development, and still no strategic plan for guidance. To the Liberal Democrats this is not good planning or governance. Our policy has not changed regarding the future of the strategic gaps but we are open to consultation with all residents who have a view on these matters. If as a result changes are required we are open to persuasion with the good of the greater community in mind but to the rights and aspirations of the affected residents in particular. We do believe that a compromise is possible but not perhaps within the current time constrictions. We look forward to your views.

Councillor Steve Martin
Adur Liberal Democrats.

Cllr.martin@btconnect.com

Freepost RSTX-ZKBC-ZSYT
Worthing
BN13 2NG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here