Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ange Postecoglou

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst I rate him at Celtic if Tottenham want to compete with the elite teams they needs top manager. I'm not sure he's at the level to pull Tottenham back in the the CL places or challenging for titles.

Without being derogatory about Celtic or the SPL I feel quite an ordinary manager could win titles there.
Apart from Poch, top managers can never get a tune out of the players at Spurs. Their problems stem from elsewhere.

I think Ange might prove a good appointment there, although there'll probably be a ceiling.

His treble at Celtic isn't worth a wank though I'm afraid. Not really an achievement when your only competition are a basketcase.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Whilst I rate him at Celtic if Tottenham want to compete with the elite teams they needs top manager. I'm not sure he's at the level to pull Tottenham back in the the CL places or challenging for titles.

Without being derogatory about Celtic or the SPL I feel quite an ordinary manager could win titles there.

Spurs best recent seasons all came from a bloke who had previously been sacked from Espanyol and then manager of Southampton.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

He has to win the players over? I mean, I get that dominating a one team league in Scotland isn't the most awe inspiring achieveemnt in football management, but it's not like Spurs have been dominating league and cup competitions, and have an established standard that they need to protect and make sure their new manager lives up to.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Big challenge for the man. At Celtic, you are mostly trying to beat League One equivalent sized clubs.

Trying to nick 3 away points in front of 6,500 people at Ross County is a bit different to trying to beat any of the 7 clubs that finished above Spurs. If they are also Kaneless, he’ll have to do a hell of a lot of work.

I think RDZ was better qualified for the EPL as he’d successfully managed in a top division. Angie will have about a dozen games at the beginning of the season. If he hasn’t won at least a third of them, he might be gone by Christmas.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

He has to win the players over? I mean, I get that dominating a one team league in Scotland isn't the most awe inspiring achieveemnt in football management, but it's not like Spurs have been dominating league and cup competitions, and have an established standard that they need to protect and make sure their new manager lives up to.

For a split second I read that as Henry Winkler and was super excited to see what the Fonz thought of this appointment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Attachments

• 2gcj6v.jpg
    2gcj6v.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 21

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He did ok with the national team over here and got good pluadits on his work in Japan.
He will use his Asian/Japaneses connections and Mitoma will get some company in the league next season.
I think he will steady the ship in his 2 year term ready for a Big Name to take over.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Feels a bit like Potter going to Chelsea. Will see how it works out. They could probably do with hoovering up young, semi proven talent and having a rebuild year. Feels a bit stale there.

Reactions: SAC

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feels a bit like Potter going to Chelsea. Will see how it works out. They could probably do with hoovering up young, semi proven talent and having a rebuild year. Feels a bit stale there.
Harsh, Angie clearly knows what he's doing and has been an actual trophy winning success everywhere he's been.

The problem isn't the manager, and probably isn't the players either, it's all the other deluded noise swirling around the club which needs addressing.

A straight talking Aussie ought to be what's needed.

Winning over the fans.
Winning over the players.
Levy out.
Sports washing blood money in.
European Super League.
All bollox.

The club is the epitome of all that's wrong.
They are a joke of a club which filters through to the pitch.
The entitlement will probably get to this fella, like it has done to everyone else, but he stands a chance of getting a tune out of them before they eat him up.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
He did ok with the national team over here and got good pluadits on his work in Japan.
He will use his Asian/Japaneses connections and Mitoma will get some company in the league next season.
I think he will steady the ship in his 2 year term ready for a Big Name to take over.

My big concern is that he might make Mitoma one his top targets, given his experience with Japanese football. He was also reportedly intrested in signing Mitoma for Celtic before he came to us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My big concern is that he might make Mitoma one his top targets, given his experience with Japanese football. He was also reportedly intrested in signing Mitoma for Celtic before he came to us.
If we sold Mac, Moses and Mitoma in a single window you would have to ask questions.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For a split second I read that as Henry Winkler and was super excited to see what the Fonz thought of this appointment.
Your eyesight is better than mine. I saw 'Harry Wilson' :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Dare I say, Gr*h*m P*tter going to Celtic might actually be a good move all round (assuming his ego can take it). A chance to rebuild his reputation away from the glare of the PL and get some European experience. If he takes another PL job right now and fails, he might never come back from that.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Dare I say, Gr*h*m P*tter going to Celtic might actually be a good move all round (assuming his ego can take it). A chance to rebuild his reputation away from the glare of the PL and get some European experience. If he takes another PL job right now and fails, he might never come back from that.

It could be an excellent move for him, but if he failed it would really taint his reputation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here