Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anelka

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
so anyone who says anything against zionism or Isreal is "anti semetic".....pretty clever of them to create this label.

strange also a media blackout on whats going on in gaza at the moment with the sewage - that is "anti human."

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Bit of a weird one this isn't it because I imagine to most people in England, like myself, no one had a scooby what he was doing. Even after googling it and reading about it, I'm still not sure of the context or weight of this action.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Pathetic really , people are becoming so sensitive with words and signs . With all the religions , different factions , political parties in the world , is any body safe where they put their hands ? There is plenty more important issues going on in the world to concentrate on .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Pathetic really , people are becoming so sensitive with words and signs . With all the religions , different factions , political parties in the world , is any body safe where they put their hands ? There is plenty more important issues going on in the world to concentrate on .

stop being so sensible

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bit of a weird one this isn't it because I imagine to most people in England, like myself, no one had a scooby what he was doing. Even after googling it and reading about it, I'm still not sure of the context or weight of this action.

at the end of the day, he made a signal/sign he knew was controversial. he want to show solidarity with his mate who's in trouble for doing the same, so he must have known the potential consequences, but did it all the same.

at the end of the day, he made a signal/sign he knew was controversial. he want to show solidarity with his mate who's in trouble for doing the same, so he must have known the potential consequences, but did it all the same.
And the match was being shown live on French TV. He knew what he was doing and he knew how his audience would see it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
And the match was being shown live on French TV. He knew what he was doing and he knew how his audience would see it.

.... and because of that a long ban should follow.

Feel sorry for WBA paying his wages for so long and when he gets a start he lets them down (despite the goals).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
so anyone who says anything against zionism or Isreal is "anti semetic".....pretty clever of them to create this label

But if a player made some kind of anti-Palestinian gesture, wouldn't you expect that to be looked at too?

It's a game of football, not Speaker's Corner.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

I know, I agree, but it's an odd situation isn't it? It'll be the FA who discipline him because he plies his trade in England, yet, no one in England was aware of what he was doing until afterwards.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
so anyone who says anything against zionism or Isreal is "anti semetic".....pretty clever of them to create this label.

strange also a media blackout on whats going on in gaza at the moment with the sewage - that is "anti human."

I tend to be more pro-Palestinian with my views on the Middle East, and am very against the idea that football should be politics-free.

However, it seems to me that it is no coincidence that this "anti-Zionist" gesture that was seemingly plucked out of the air by some French comedian bears a strong resemblance to the nazi salute. Which is something that absolutely must stay out of football.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Take this argument to it's logical conclusion and everyone would be banned. Anyone seen opening the man of the match champagne live on Saudi Arabian TV for example ?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If there were noTV cameras at Upton Park, would ANYONE have noticed? I doubt many in the Bobby Moore stand did.

Seems another classic case of people getting all offended for the sake of it.

...... and there I was thinking he has made what seems to be, allegedly, a racist salute (if I understand correctly).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If there were noTV cameras at Upton Park, would ANYONE have noticed? I doubt many in the Bobby Moore stand did.

Seems another classic case of people getting all offended for the sake of it.

Yes how odd for the media to attend a Premier League game. Surely footballers should be allowed the privacy of a goal celebration ?

The world's gone mad you couldn't make it up in my day coming over here and stealing our too many repeats these days.

Dandyman

In London village.

Funnily enough plenty of people (including Jews) are able to express support for the Palestinians and/or criticise Israel without engaging in talk about sending people to the gas chambers or spinning Elders of Zion drivel. Obviously that does make things a bit more difficult for those who believe the world is run by intergalatic zionist space lizards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here