Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Andy Rourke sadly passes away.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I couldn't stand the Smiths and still can't.

All their songs sounded like

"I'm so depressed
I'm so depressed
I'm alone in my bedroom
I'm so depressed
Everybody hates me"

Repeat to fade....

And Morrissey just got worse as he got older.
I think an RIP thread for one of the band members is the perfect place to express this opinion.

My be worth reading some of Morrissey's lyrics though, there is a lot more to them that what you describe (fwiw I am a late convert to Morrissey' vocals, I used to try and ignore them when listening to the Smith and concentrate on the music).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was interesting hearing Peter Hook talking about (specifically) Morrissey's response, Hook remained polite but clearly through gritted teeth. He spoke eloquently about what a good, forgiving man Rourke was, able to forgive where he couldn't. Impressive, honest, interview. I'm in the Hook camp, I couldn't have been friends the pair after what happened.
Have listened now, thanks for posting. A great tribute from Hooky and I detected a little lump in his throat at the end. Clearly Andy Rourke was a lovely man.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

"I'm so depressed
I'm so depressed
I'm alone in my bedroom
I'm so depressed
Everybody hates me"

Repeat to fade....

I don't listen to The Smiths nowadays as they remind me of some bad times in the early 90s (music takes you back to a place and time) but their melodies and their humour really helped me through that brief period. Never ever a depressing band imo just made beautiful music. Sorry for you that you didn't get that from them, hope you do from other music. RIP Andy much too young but what a legacy and loved by many.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
What with Morissey turning into such a thundercunt I don't put on the Smiths as much as maybe I should. But when I do, I remember just how brilliant they were. RIP Andy and thanks for the music.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

"I'm so depressed
I'm so depressed
I'm alone in my bedroom
I'm so depressed
Everybody hates me"

Repeat to fade....

In other words. you were too old and grumpy at the time to appreciate their innovative sound and wonderful poetry on what many teens/20's felt at that time.

Your loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here