Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Ripley....RIP.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Andy Ripley,ex England rugby international,exceptional sportsman and all round good guy died of cancer yesterday.
Great courageous man....Andy, rest in peace!:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:(

one of my all time heros

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
ripley_1660418c.jpg

RIP indeed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sad news.

"Duckham throws... Ripley palms" resonates as a fond memory of rugby as it used to be.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
fantastic all round sportsman. Ran the 400m in the UK championships. I remember seeing him on Superstars when I was a kid.

Soemone also said (and I've not verified this) that he was UK veteran Indoor rowing champion (could be a bit likethe Dutch Mountain rescue team for all I know).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Always a shame when somebody dies young, RIP.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Met Mr Ripley on a water sports holiday in Corsica,a fantastic guy who lived up to all expectations, on this holiday he learnt to water ski and his technique was brute force borne out by the boat driver who said when he turned the boat he could feel it straining and he was never sure who was controlling who,feel honoured to have met someone who lived up to the title Lion of a man,the words gone but never forgotten certainly apply to Andy Ripley RIP.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
RIP - a giant amongst men

:angel:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great shame this, he sat at the table I was on next to me for some corporate bash a company invited me to around 3 years ago and we also had Farank Carson, Will Carling, Roberstson (5 live commentator) and some othe england Rugby player.

Very firendly chap, superb company and he did a great speech.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Do you know I don't normally do these RIP threads but I did actually know Andy. I'm truly gutted, he was such a nice bloke, his son used play for East Grinstead and I've shared a beer with them both many a time.
RIP Andy one of lifes good guys and a great rugby player, a true legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here