Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor - serious chip on shoulder

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I personally dont have a problem with the ticket prices for the Sunderland game but then again I dont have any children, I live fairly locally and for my age earn decent money.

If I had a couple of kids who want new shirts, tickets and food and drink at the stadium, my view might be slightly different.

In anycase, Im fairly sure he gets complimentary tickets in the press box so how can he offer his opinion on this?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think the problem here is that none of the issues raised he decries as "moaning" affect him one iota. As a result he isn't in the best position to be making a judgement is he. On the ticket prices, it could be argued either way so to attack one view is unhelpful at best. Yes, it's against Premier League opposition at a fantastic stadium that we are lucky to have (though who knows whether it'll be a first XI?) But it is also the Carling Cup, a competition that very few (including Gus) have given a toss about in recent years. So it isn't black and white and surely a football journalist can see that.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's not balanced journalism plain and simple, it's taken from a forum where a few people have expressed their disagreement. I don't agree that prices are too high but I can see the problem some might have. For a journalist to them come out and make those remarks is unprofessional and, if he makes a story of it, unrepresentative of the view of the vast majority. I see very few (not all) of the comments re tix prices as moaning - more fairly level critcism. He should be bigger than picking up on this trivia

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I also think that now the club keep their business much more private(especially Gus) he has less to write about so is forced to dredge the internet for nothing stories.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
can I ask what you do for a living and slap a label you? or would that be stereotyping?

Of course.

My job title is 'customer solutions manager' i work for a small electronic design company.

Stereo type away.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I also think that now the club keep their business much more private(especially Gus) he has less to write about so is forced to dredge the internet for nothing stories.

And that ladies and gents is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Naylor's reports and seeing as there have been so many Sunderland moan threads on here it probably should be in the local press that people are having ANOTHER whinge in the most exciting season in the Albion's history, even if it is only a minority. They are quite a vocal one!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m 'old school' I know, but shouldn't he, as a reporter just say....."some fans are unhappy at the Sunderland ticket prices".

Factually correct, informative......and then up for debate.

If they aren't going to print the simple truth....please stop calling themselves NEWSpapers.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The sort of comment which puts him in the club's good books which is far more important in his job than annoying a few herberts on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here