Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor knows jeff all

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I get the impression that relations between the club and the Argus are not good at the moment. I guess the club aren't happy with a few criticisms offered by Naylor in recent months.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If after Saturday this turns out to be a load of bollocks, then Nalor can kiss goodbye to any respect he may have had from our supporters.

He put his balls on the line with that headline and now has to endure the consequences of building everyone's hopes up.

Andy Naylor doesn't write the headlines.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Baldock nowhere near after a derisory bid a few weeks ago we have made no further offers.

Clayton after a bid of 1.5m a few weeks ago we have made no further offers.

So don't slag the Club off for not getting the above as it seems to have been rumours pulled out of nowhere.

But "Naylor gets all his stories from NSC" – so, by that reasoning, no-one on here (including Bozza, who indicated that AN's "Trio to sign" story came from what he said) knows "jeff all" either.

You can't have it both ways...

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I get the impression that relations between the club and the Argus are not good at the moment. I guess the club aren't happy with a few criticisms offered by Naylor in recent months.

I think the OG article about getting players at the end of last season, that led to Barber coming out and answering the accusations was the breaking point. To be honest Barber and Bloom answered contentious parts of Naylors article well, and if you believe them (which i do) and not the Naylor article then they have every right to be peeved. He has suffered greatly the last few years of the club being more professional, especially around transfers, which has meant doesn't have those scoop stories anymore.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If after Saturday this turns out to be a load of bollocks, then Nalor can kiss goodbye to any respect he may have had from our supporters.

He put his balls on the line with that headline and now has to endure the consequences of building everyone's hopes up.

I'm sure he'll live. If nothing happens, then all he's done is write a story about what might happen, player-wise - big deal. It's the same as probably the majority of football journalists are doing around the country at the moment.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Its not just Naylor, I've heard from many people on here and in the media that claim they have heard that we are after the three players mentioned. There has clearly been something leaked from a source within the club.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I doubt Andy Naylor's relationship with the club is any better or worse than it ever has been. There will be high and low points but I'm sure it's okay. An experienced ex FA, ex spurs director us not going to get all arsey with a local provincial journo overs different interpretation of how and why Oscar left.

On both sides there will be spin. The club spun like a dervish over Gus and also I'm sure to a degree over Oscar.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Its not just Naylor, I've heard from many people on here and in the media that claim they have heard that we are after the three players mentioned. There has clearly been something leaked from a source within the club.
I don't think the buying club would have any reason to leak these things. 9/10 transfer rumours are leaked by agents or the selling club, both of whom would benefit from a bidding war. The number of people who would know (definitively) about a prospective bid can probably be counted on one hand.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Baldock nowhere near after a derisory bid a few weeks ago we have made no further offers.

Clayton after a bid of 1.5m a few weeks ago we have made no further offers.

So don't slag the Club off for not getting the above as it seems to have been rumours pulled out of nowhere.

Assuming these transfers don't happen, I agree with your post. Naylor and people on here claiming to be in the know have done the club no favours as expectations have risen. Now, if we only sign none (or even if we get Ward only), the mood will be pretty bad both tonight at the fans forum and at the game on Saturday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I doubt Andy Naylor's relationship with the club is any better or worse than it ever has been. There will be high and low points but I'm sure it's okay. An experienced ex FA, ex spurs director us not going to get all arsey with a local provincial journo overs different interpretation of how and why Oscar left.

On both sides there will be spin. The club spun like a dervish over Gus and also I'm sure to a degree over Oscar.

This. The club wanted their side of the story out the second that Naylor article re OG hit the press.

seems the club have severed communication with him anyway.

Thing is, I don't read the Argus for stuff I can read on the club website that the club PR officers put out though. I want an independent journalist's reporting to confirm what is (or isn't) happening at the club

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thing is, I don't read the Argus for stuff I can read on the club website that the club PR officers put out though. I want an independent journalist's reporting to confirm what is (or isn't) happening at the club

Let us know when you've found one

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It had all the ingredients of a planted story from the moment it was published. The first time that has happened for a very long time. Probably been offered a little more access for printing the 'story'. Shame that neither he nor anyone else at the Argus have the skills to develop sources at the club, unlike some of his predecessors.

Not saying these transfers won't happen but we were nowhere near close.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is that same logic applying to others who claimed all 3 were pretty much done? Or is it just Naylor that gets abuse?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

100% this.

There must be an intricate way we can at least mildly inconvenience him if it does turn out to be bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here