Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray is British again

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He is scottish and british. A superb player. He is not a one man team though and i think he would challenge that. But agreed without him we would not be here

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Phil Taylor 16 times world champion and many other titles deserves a shout.

Murray deserves a lot of credit, being in an era of some of the best players in the game ever. 2 grand slams and an Olympic gold medal, and leading GB to the final of the Davis cup . He is more well known through out the world than our Olympic athletes and cyclists.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It is not the same as to me riding a bike is riding a bike just faster and for longer periods of time. Football requires skill.which is not natural. I hate cyclists they should be all put on a track not the highway.if they want to race. Send them round Goodwood or Brands hatch or similar as per Formula 1.

You really are an utter moron, aren't you?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love winding up the posers on their bikes whether it be on the road in Brighton or on the trains taking their bikes there, to impress their beighbours, and they always take the bait hook line and sinker.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I love winding up the posers on their bikes whether it be on the road in Brighton or on the trains taking their bikes there, to impress their beighbours, and they always take the bait hook line and sinker.

That, BG, is because you are a prize cock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That, BG, is because you are a prize cock.

Ok that may be but I will now leave all you happy clappy bike riders alone, unless one gets in my way when I am driving through Ditchling. Or as usually happens one gets on a busy train after a game on a Saturday with his bike and then gets off as Hassocks as too lazy to bike it all the way just to his home.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Much as I admire Phil Taylors achievements it will be a sad day if they classify a pub game as a sport and put it in the Olympics as has been suggested.
I find darts more exciting than watching a tour stage at the tour de France, 2 hours of all riders going at the same pace, then a mad dash to the finish line:shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Murray was not deprived.

I think that's very harsh, there are plenty of good golfers still, and McIlroy's still young and will achieve more.

Thanks.

True, but which you admire the most is too subjective, there will be plenty who have achieved a lot for the talent they had, but it's hard to know who they are. I don't know if Murray would like that accolade, he probably thinks he's quite talented. I agree that he's very good and he has played at a time when there have been a couple of exceptional players, but I doubt he'd have had much joy against Sampras either.

I thought sport was about breaking into a sweat and increasing the heartbeat. I don't think that either has ever happened to Rory Mc Ilroy, or any golfer for that matter. For me Golf falls into the same sporting category as Darts and snooker. it may well be deemed as a sport but the physicality of it comes nowhere near rugby, football, cycling, athletics etc.

As for the Murray situation. I admire him a lot for what he has he achieved. Is he the best there is in terms of UK sportsmen. Possibly not but to put Mc Ilroy on a par with him is silly IMHO

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a footnote, Murray has said that for every ace he serves in 2015, he's donating £50 to Unicef. He served 31 aces in the Davis cup semi final.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought sport was about breaking into a sweat and increasing the heartbeat.
Surely it has to be about skill too. There are plenty of things that raise our heartbeats and make us sweat, that aren't sports.

As for the Murray situation. I admire him a lot for what he has he achieved. Is he the best there is in terms of UK sportsmen. Possibly not but to put Mc Ilroy on a par with him is silly IMHO
Only because you don't think of golf as a sport, which is ridiculous.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I notice his Wiki entry calls him a Scottish Professional Tennis player.

Question - Has Andy ever represented anything but Great Britain, ever won anything for Scotland?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here