Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray & Adam Virgo

D

Deleted member 18477

Exclusive preview of Gray's commentary on the weekend

"Ozil sees Giroud and says 'Go on son, you take that' so Giroud says 'Ok I will'. Game over, and I hate saying that."

I love it! Andy Gray is great!

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Football is a simple game, and the vast majority of it is clear for fans to see. Are you telling me that if we are losing a game, that you need a commentator to tell you where we are going wrong. I think most fans can see what goes wrong, in what areas where it went wrong and what needs to be done to improve it. Most commentators can not agree themselves, especially when it comes to penalty shouts. I do not think Man U fans need to be told where it is going wrong.

No, you're missing my point entirely. If I'm watching a game as a neutral I'd like to hear some in-depth analysis of what's going on in relation to tactics and formations. The simple stuff in football is clear to see - I don't need a pundit telling me that (like your example of whether something is a penalty or not). I want a pundit offering insight beyond the simple stuff. I'm talking on a more holistic level - I want analysis on a team's shape and the nuances of an individual's performance - not a caveman Jock shouting 'you beauty'. Watch that video of Johan Cruyff talking about formations which was on here - that's the sort of thing I want to be hearing, and I think others probably would be too, but I'm not gonna make a grand assumption about it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
No, you're missing my point entirely. If I'm watching a game as a neutral I'd like to hear some in-depth analysis of what's going on in relation to tactics and formations. The simple stuff in football is clear to see - I don't need a pundit telling me that (like your example of whether something is a penalty or not). I want a pundit offering insight beyond the simple stuff. I'm talking on a more holistic level - I want analysis on a team's shape and the nuances of an individual's performance - not a caveman Jock shouting 'you beauty'. Watch that video of Johan Cruyff talking about formations which was on here - that's the sort of thing I want to be hearing, and I think others probably would be too, but I'm not gonna make a grand assumption about it.

You miss the point totally. Gray is a co commentator during live games and does it very well live. The Pundits who are in the studio are the ones who really give the in depth analysis at half time and they have time to set up the screens to show players movement, formations and tactics and at full time.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
You miss the point totally. Gray is a co commentator during live games and does it very well live. The Pundits who are in the studio are the ones who really give the in depth analysis at half time and they have time to set up the screens to show players movement, formations and tactics and at full time.

*sigh*

Gray also does (or at least did) the studio stuff, but that really doesn't matter. Not having a screen should only prove a minor restriction on the depth of analysis offered. A co-commentator should still be able to articulate in detail on the tactics and in-game formation changes, Neville has proven himself capable of this. You've shown absolutely no explanation of what you think Gray does well live.

But if you want a football dinosaur like him who simply froths at a long pass or robust tackle then that's up to you. I'd rather have someone who is able to articulate with perception and detail on the intricacies of a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here