Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Goldstein to present Soccer AM

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Haven't seen this on here before, so thought I'd post it.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,281-1271750,00.html

Oh dear, surely the end is nigh for Soccer AM with that pillock presenting it?

I made that exact point to someone yesterday.

I know Lovejoy loved himself, but the fact is was a twat made it funny.

Having watched the allsports show with that guy i won't be busting a gut to watch soccer am anymore.

Shame really, but maybe Lovejoy saw the end coming i thought he would bow out now.... as is beginning to look a little tired as a show after 11 years

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Yep, The end is almost there for a much loved TV show of mine. Shame really, Andy Goldstein is ok in drips and drabs, say if I catch the last half hour of the All Sports Show...but NOT week in, week out on Soccer AM. :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a tired show, needs a complete revamp. It still has some amusing stuff on at times, but theres just too much within the format thats simply repeated week-in week-out. I used to watch it religeously, but I can take it or leave it now, its got stale.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Its a tired show, needs a complete revamp. It still has some amusing stuff on at times, but theres just too much within the format thats simply repeated week-in week-out. I used to watch it religeously, but I can take it or leave it now, its got stale.

To be fair Easy, it's been pretty stale for 5 years or so now.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I gave up on it years ago. RIP.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I kind of prefer him to Lovejoy. Seeing as I cancelled SkySports a few months back though, it makes bugger all difference to my life.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Can't get any worse.

The show has been gash since they got rid of Gary Stevens and Vince back in 1996.

Back then it was about football. Now it's about Lovejoy meeting his favourite bands and cracking the same jokes that weren't funny in 1996.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Can't get any worse.

The show has been gash since they got rid of Gary Stevens and Vince back in 1996.

Back then it was about football. Now it's about Lovejoy meeting his favourite bands and cracking the same jokes that weren't funny in 1996.

Agreed. Its a football TisWas thats done its time just as TisWas did. there is only so often you can tell the same joke

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Thats my view also but it is not helped by having Tim (I love me) Lovejoy presenting it.

I also do not like the attempts at humour as I think that that is old hat. I would prefer a show with more factual information and actual football action.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Can't get any worse.

Gary Stevens was possibly the dullest presenter ever, and he kept calling us Brighton Hove & Albion when Liz Costa went on it. Lovejoy's had his day and it's been pretty much the same jokes every week for the last 5 years, it's time for someone else to have a go. I don't mind Goldstien on the allsports show, but I only watch that as a timefiller when I'm getting ready to go out, so I rarely give it my full attention

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
soccer am will survive as there is no other competition for it on a sat am. Lovejoy writes it as well so not sure if he is still doing that

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I kind of prefer him to Lovejoy. Seeing as I cancelled SkySports a few months back though, it makes bugger all difference to my life.

They started showing it on Sky One though didn\'t they ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He was the obvious replacement I suppose on reflection. I'm prepared to give him a chance and judge him after he's had a run.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It may spice the show back up. If it means they get more football guests on a fewer bollocks bands, then it gets my vote. Lovejoy came across as a man who loved his football, but also had a burning desire to be editor of NME, and just tried to combine to two, and it didn't work for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here