Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy, 29 from Sussex

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Would respectfully suggest that Andy, 29, keeps his ST on, only goes to games that fit in with his work schedule and puts all other games up on the ticket exchange. Cheapest option if you can attend, decent chance of recompense if can't attend. Best of both worlds no?
Would have been fine a few years ago. Pretty rare we get to the ticket exchange coming into use now.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I look at this a different way to its only 19 times a season - there is 346 more days in the year to do stuff with Family etc. Definitely need to have something to look forward to that's not just the mundane work etc, and with a ticket in the north stand £45 month , this would be the absolute last thing I gave up ?
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the only reason I gave it up, but it certainly was a big factor in my decision. It's more that with the way things are financially that me giving up my season ticket when I did was confirmed as the right choice.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
when circumstances change, what you prioritise to do, what and how much to spend, changes. thats life.
Well yes and I’m sure Andy is considering other aspects of his life ..subs to Netflix ..how many times he eats out ..visits the pub etc etc ..it’s not exactly unique to footie

Having said that ..it is going to be a challenge that the football ‘industry’ will have to meet …. Of course being able to pay for the ST monthly interest free is a big plus from the club…is that mentioned?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would have been fine a few years ago. Pretty rare we get to the ticket exchange coming into use now.
Not so sure about that, tho don't have any stats to back it up either way. Seems to me, just looking around the NS, that we're fast becoming the fashionable backdrop for the foreign student / tourist crowd wanting that EPL experience. Which to me is completely natural and excelente, like any one of us taking in a game at the Camp Nou. Given the chance, why would you NOT do it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
True, but peer pressure sometimes comes into play, and if the costs were not so high, then maybe you could afford a pie and pint, maybe a nice gesture every now and again by the club, for season ticket holders or general folk would be a pie and pint £5.
That’s an interesting point re peer pressure and indeed being with mates….I hadn’t thought about that ..for myself I go on my own and don’t buy food and drink at the ground so not a concern

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Welcome to post brexit Broken tory Britain

TBH down to one salary with a big mortgage and a small child, I couldn't justify keeping and using a season ticket, although that wasn't why I gave it up At the time.

Nothings cheap in the South east and football has got more expensive and corporate on top of increased demand due to our relative success.

The fact 'Andy' works in the charity industry ( a contradiction if ever there was one) is irrelevant.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am lucky I can still justify my season ticket. My mum who is 92 and is in a nursing home in Hove and has alzheimer's and the reality is probably not long left. So my travel costs going to the game are negligible, because I would travel down to visit my mum anyway. Even before she got i'll I would visit her on match days, obviously I still vist her in the off season as well :). When the inevitable happens the football club will be my only reason to travel to Brighton, so if I lose my job or costs continue to rise then it could be a dission the I will have to make.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Is this the classic "the price of success"?

What would a season ticket for, say, Crawley @ Broadfield, or Whitehawk or Lewes cost?
If you want to watch the best, expect to pay top dollar, and if you can't afford it, "cut your cloth to suit".

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is this the classic "the price of success"?

What would a season ticket for, say, Crawley @ Broadfield, or Whitehawk or Lewes cost?
If you want to watch the best, expect to pay top dollar, and if you can't afford it, "cut your cloth to suit".
My Lewes season ticket was £200. 21 games, most of them Saturday at 3pm. Beers cheaper and much better and it's a lot more enjoyable experience, don't regret giving up my Amex season ticket at all

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sadly football is still a luxury item, and as passionate as most of us our about our club, when finances bite it is easily something that can be ditched however tough that may feel. Andy's story (no relation) is similar to mine and at least eight other friends I know who have not renewed due to financial pressures.

Football is quickly becoming a game for the rich only.

el punal

My Lewes season ticket was £200. 21 games, most of them Saturday at 3pm. Beers cheaper and much better and it's a lot more enjoyable experience, don't regret giving up my Amex season ticket at all
Not sure that you would have had that opinion if you’d seen the Chelsea game last week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would respectfully suggest that Andy, 29, keeps his ST on, only goes to games that fit in with his work schedule and puts all other games up on the ticket exchange. Cheapest option if you can attend, decent chance of recompense if can't attend. Best of both worlds no?
Presumably you eventually saw the light also? ??? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
when circumstances change, what you prioritise to do, what and how much to spend, changes. thats life.
Occasionally being succinct hits the mark :wink:

(also, is that a Haiku? ???)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here