Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

android tablets

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bought my father a tablet for Christmas... poor sod can't even turn it on...
Depends what you want from the tablet.. If you want it for everyday use, including work - then Google Nexus 7 is the way forward
If you want it to read books and the occasional app then maybe the Amazon Kindle Fire HD is also a decent shout...
Why would the kindle fire be better for apps and books? Anything you can do with Amazon's tablets you can do with any Google tablet and more. The kindle fire is not such a good deal as amazon lock you into their inferior appstore.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
On a side note, Argos are selling iPad minis for £179. If you prefer iOS, this may be for you.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I await the BensGrandad thread six months down the line complaining of his Android tablet being slow.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I await the BensGrandad thread six months down the line complaining of his Android tablet being slow.
Apparently, horror of horrors, iPads slow down too.😸

90b9b66d11229016c1006b58f141477a.jpg

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Bit of a long shot....does anyone know if the big Tesco in Hove sells the Hudl?

I've just decided that I'd quite like a tablet - I'm going away tomorrow morning for a few days and it would be good to buy one tonight, so I have it for the flight etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think Tesco at Holmbush would be more likely but you can phone their Cust Svc in Dundee and they will tell you of the nearest branch that has one in stock.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I would think Tesco at Holmbush would be more likely but you can phone their Cust Svc in Dundee and they will tell if any branch has one.

Ah I don't drive and getting from my house in Hove to the Holmbush centre will be a right pain. I shall give the Dundee number a call. Thanks!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I got one hooray! But not had the best start - before I can actually use it properly I have to do a system update, which in turn crashes the thing and I have to do a system restore. I've been going round in circles for about half an hour and I'm close to chucking the thing out the window.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I got my daughter an andriod tablet for Christmas. But i can't seem to get Flash player to work on it. I can only find Photon and that costs. I know its not much money but i don't want any form of payment attached to her google play account, I only want the free stuff. She has a pc for games but I can control what is bought. Anyway, does anyone know how to get Flash working on an andriod for free? I tried Firefox and that still said plugin missing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I got one hooray! But not had the best start - before I can actually use it properly I have to do a system update, which in turn crashes the thing and I have to do a system restore. I've been going round in circles for about half an hour and I'm close to chucking the thing out the window.

Have you tried googling what you want to do and it will show simple instructions or failing that do Dundee customer services have IT back up.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We have a hudl.but I'd gladly sell the stupid thing, I reset if more than it works...make sure you buy a thin darning needle at the same time....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I got my daughter an andriod tablet for Christmas. But i can't seem to get Flash player to work on it. I can only find Photon and that costs. I know its not much money but i don't want any form of payment attached to her google play account, I only want the free stuff. She has a pc for games but I can control what is bought. Anyway, does anyone know how to get Flash working on an andriod for free? I tried Firefox and that still said plugin missing.
Use dolphin with dolphin jetpack. Flash should work on that although the problems you've got are because android, like apple, have stopped supporting it.
We have a hudl.but I'd gladly sell the stupid thing, I reset if more than it works...make sure you buy a thin darning needle at the same time....
I presume that is the first generation Hudl? The second is a beast for the price, i bought my son one and it's very impressive. No resets yet and i bought it in November.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yes it is first gen, I've read a few things which back up what you're saying, sadly we bought it a month before they announced the new one, gutted...and tesco won't take it back, they said they couldn't replicate its fault :-(

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes it is first gen, I've read a few things which back up what you're saying, sadly we bought it a month before they announced the new one, gutted...and tesco won't take it back, they said they couldn't replicate its fault :-(
That sounds like very bad service. Tesco customer service has always been superb in my experience. Is there any chance you can take your complaint higher, it sounds as though you're got a faulty machine there? Even if you paid the difference, it would be worth upgrading.

I presume you've uninstalled all your apps and then one by one reinstalled? That way you can ascertain whether you have a rogue app or whether it really is hardware related.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here