Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrews starting a fight with keeping coach?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Look I can add something to the dressing room 'issue'....a certain oft injured player in conversation last week confirmed he was fit and raring to go, when asked why he wasn't selected, replied that he didn't speak Spanish.

Last time I checked Greer, Upson, JFC, Ward, Andrews, Stephens, CMS, TK, Ince, Lingard or Kaz habla Espanol but whatever. A player cast out from the team just because the manager doesn't rate them will always say whatever they can to deflect away from the truth.

I like Hoskins and thought he would have more class than to say this too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What I saw was Ruben throwing the ball with some venom into Andrews back and then Andrews about to throw a water bottle at him before Jones held him back! Not sure what went on but I would suggest that we have a problem in the dressing room! Very concerning what the mentality was before such a big game.

That's what I saw & commented on it at the time.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
But Crofts and Stephens are playmakers, how many central midfielder do you need in the starting lineup....where is the width and pace coming from?

Not a problem because they won't all be fit at the same time......

Seriously though and maybe a bit radical but I wouldn't mind seeing just 3 at the back plus Ince in front of them as not many teams in the Championship play with 2 out and out strikers. Then Crofts and Stephens in CM, with a real playmaker at the tip of the diamond, plus wide player and 2 forwards. The unnamed playmaker in my post would be a new signing and have a bit more flair and guile than Crofts or Stephens.

Maybe I've become a bit institutionalised watching Oscar's formations and tactics and just hope for something that would allow a more expansive game.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I actually thought Andrews was one of the few in both games who showed a bit of leadership... despite being a bit crap at least he looked like he gave a shit.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I thought red mist had descended regarding Andrews in the last 10 minutes. Looked as if he wanted to be sent off running around like a headless chicken.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Having more support staff than players is one of the strange things in the modern game. Once was the time players went out and warmed up on their own before matches and were allowed to focus in their own ways. Today we have all sorts of chief cooks and bottle-watchers, many of whom probably know nothing about a footballer's mentality, out there throwing in their own two pennyworth, it's no wonder players get cheesed off.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hate to say it but they would never have dared to do that if Gus had been on the touchline.

He would have boiled their balls for breakfast.

We need some DISCIPLINE and I fear that Oscar and Jones are not all that hot in latex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here