Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew's injury could be a blessing in disguise

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Feeling really confident about the game at Millwall this weekend.

With Andrews injured, that surely must mean Forster to partner Davies upfront, and we can actually play recognised wingers on the flanks like carole and birchall instead of forster or andrew for instance.

Is Livermore suspended for the Millwall game or does his ban start the game after?

This would be my team against Millwall:

Sullivan

Whing Elphick Virgo McNulty

Birchall Jarrett Livermore Carole

Forster Davies

If we were to field this team every week, surely there is no chance we will get relegated, no matter who the manager is.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Agree about the front two. Surely Livermore will be supsended though so it'll be either Tommy of El-Abd in the middle.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Livermore ban starts at the Milwall game, I would suggest the team would look like this:

Sullivan/Kuipers

Whing Elphick Virgo McNulty

Birchall Jarrett El Abd Cox

Forster Davies

Carole coming off the bench as an 'impact' Sub.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
disagree about your choice of wingers, i really feel we'd benifit from having wingers playing on their stronger sides, for me i'd like to see McCleod given a start on the left and Carole on the right, that way we'd see fist time crossing and a much more natural looking starting 11

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
isnt McCleod injured? He was for Luton i thought?

I think Birchall looks class, and Carole is a real handfull for the opposition. McCleod has only performed in one game this season, away to crew on the opening day, personally dont think he should get ahead of birchall, carole OR cox.

However a fullyfit McCleod would be a great asset to our team, he probably just needs a bit of confidence, but imo too risky to pick him over our other choices.

Livermore - Fair play, Sometimes bans dont apply straight away so I was hoping he was legible. Although lets face it, he wasnt going to be played in his correct position anyway. El-Abd might sure things up a bit in there, i'd probs go with him, and Fraser on the bench if we need a bit more energy in there.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I'm tired of all the speculation about the manager. It can't be helping his and the team's preparation for the crucial match at Millwall. Lest anyone forgets, the boys are playing at Millwall in forty-eight hours' time and we need to get behind them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Forster on the RIGHT.

Virgo PARTNERING Davies.

El Abd and Elphick Centre Back.

Fraser and Jarrett Centre Midfield.

You know it. I Know it. Adams (if he is still here) knows it...

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
When will people and Adams realise El-ABD is not a midfielder and we never win games with him in there. Did you see him last week against Cavennagh last week, he did not get anywhere near him. Fraser is a better option as at least that is his position, but I would play Livermore is available.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
When will people and Adams realise El-ABD is not a midfielder and we never win games with him in there. Did you see him last week against Cavennagh last week, he did not get anywhere near him. Fraser is a better option as at least that is his position, but I would play Livermore is available.

You aren't wrong about me wanting El Abd to play in defence, but the original question was speculating what team would play.

I think we all know that El Abd will be playing in Centre Midfield, even though he is is better in defence.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I can't see what people see in Cox to make them think he is worthy of a start of both Carole & Birchall... Enlighten me?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can't see what people see in Cox to make them think he is worthy of a start of both Carole & Birchall... Enlighten me?

I was answering the original question - I would not neccessarily pick Cox myself, I just think that he will be picked by Adams.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I want to see Birchall through the middle. He looks like someone who can carry the ball forward and pick a pass, we haven't had that in a long time. Cox right and Carole left, but they can switch during the course of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here