Andrew Whing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Not even a mention here

Brighton and Hove Albion | Match | Preview | Team News: Aston Villa v Albion

Jimmy McNulty is poised to return to the side when Albion travel to Aston Villa in the FA Cup.

The 24-year-old was relegated to the bench for Albion's last game at Walsall following the arrival of Marcos Painter, but with the Swansea full-back cup-tied this weekend, McNulty looks set to return at left-back.

Manager Gus Poyet has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the game. Michel Kuipers took a knock towards the end of the Walsall victory last weekend, but has trained fully all week.

Colin Hawkins will undergo surgery next week in a bid to resolve his troublesome heel problem once and for all, while Adam El-Abd is running again after recovering from his foot injury, and is due to step up his rehabilitation next week.

Villa team news to follow.

Possible Line-Ups

Albion: (4-4-2) Kuipers; Calderon, Elphick, Virgo, McNulty; Bennett, Crofts, Dicker, Navarro; Forster, Murray. Subs from: Brezovan (GK), Carole, Cox, Hart, Tunnicliffe, Dickinson, Smith, Livermore.

:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame for Whing but he's not been in the side because he'd not been playing very well, and Gus clearly doesn't fancy him. This is a cup tie, not a jolly boys outing. Well, not for the squad anyway.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can't believe they will replace McNulty on the bench with either Livermore or Smith. I would have thought you either bring in Hoyte (more practical from Poyet's point of view as he seems to rate him more highly) or Whing (if he was looking at it emotionally).

However, it is odd that they would put Livermore or Smith on the website article because, if they were guessing, Hoyte or Whing seem the obvious choice.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because, firstly, this line up is a guess. It's always a guess, it's never changed unless it has to be, they don't know any more than anyone what the team will be. Secondly because the official site makes loads of mistakes. Whing has been either playing or on the bench every game under Poyet, even last week with Hoyte and Calderon, I'd be very surprised if he's not on the bench Saturday.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
IF Gus does decide not to have Whingy in the squad, then thats his decision.
If we win without Andrew, who will bring this up?
I feel REALLY sorry for the lad.
He was immense last season, and to robbed of this chance is cruel.
But, thats football. Innit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports