Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

As much as I will be happy to see him back in the squad an fit again, he is not going to help us become a more creative side or score more goals sadly

I agree - I think Stephens is a better player than Crofts but I'm wondering if even he is good enough to partner Kayal - we need midfielders who are technically good enough to keep the ball for long periods or carve the opposition open - we just have so many average bits and pieces midfielders in our current squad

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
people do have short memories, Crofts was fantastic before his first injury, he was just getting back before his second but i worry if he will ever find that sort of form again in this tough league.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Interesting how player/manager assessment can swing so greatly from one fan to another.

I've never been a huge fan of Crofts. I've tried hard to spot the 'dynamism' but I see a player who's a little on the slow side and can easily drift out of games. Equally I could never fathom how fans view JFC as an exciting prospect with attacking intent. I've only ever seen a player who slows down play, often gives the ball away in silly positions and fails to score enough.

On the upside (contrary to some views), I believe Stephens is a very strong all-rounder, Garcia to be hugely under-rated for his managerial spell with an army of walking wounded, and generally our defensive unit to be one of the strongest in the championship since we re-joined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here