Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Goes missing in important play off semi finals

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Oh dear....sounds like a decent midfield player but made of glass......not the 15/20 goals a season striker we're screaming out for.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh dear....sounds like a decent midfield player but made of glass......not the 15/20 goals a season striker we're screaming out for.

When he's fit he's considerably better than "decent". He's not now, nor ever has been, nor ever will be a 15/20 goals a season striker though.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

If he was that he wouldn't have been at Blackpool last year. He's a quality player but prone to the odd injury here and there.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
No offense to the OP but I see them going down. Their attacking options look as limited as ours last season but they can only spend less rather than more and Lennon doesn't have a tenth of Hughton's contacts. That Clough kiddie is a bit special but he may end up like Tex for us last season, a shining gem in a shower of shit.

No offence taken. With 1 goal scored in our last 8 games & only 4 wins in our last 28 matches, i'm not expecting European qualification myself this season.

Oddly. I take a bit of heart from the fact that Lennon has worked almost exclusively on the defence this summer & though it's not pretty, we're not quite as soppy & porous this season, we've got decent creative midfielders in Mark Vavies & Clough, but actually scoring goals is looking like a big problem for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
[SUB][/SUB]

Maybe 5.............. In a good year

Seriously. Will create more than he ever scores but on his day will make you believe in the beautiful game again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You'd be lucky to get 15 starts from him in a season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You'd be lucky to get 15 starts from him in a season

Harsh. He played more than that for Blackpool on their quagmire of a pitch. It was because of the number of games he played, that he was able to activate the relegation clause in his contract, to escape.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No offence taken. With 1 goal scored in our last 8 games & only 4 wins in our last 28 matches, i'm not expecting European qualification myself this season.

Oddly. I take a bit of heart from the fact that Lennon has worked almost exclusively on the defence this summer & though it's not pretty, we're not quite as soppy & porous this season, we've got decent creative midfielders in Mark Vavies & Clough, but actually scoring goals is looking like a big problem for us.

You're basically us from last season.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He's not a striker, but more of a creative midfielder. He'll be giving it to your strikers, unfortunately!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Madine and Heskey have to be the worse strike pair in this league. I would be very concerned about relying on them

This. Madine is fat and shit and Heskey is about 62 FFS. Bolton are going down which in itself is tremendous news.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've never understood how people are so quick to slag a player off who suffers a lot of injuries - it's not their bloody fault - in fact it's obviously mentally draining. Unfair to criticise or take the piss.

Technically, Orlandi was easily one of our best when he was here - in a very good squad. A beautiful footballer. Although Blackpools' pitch wouldn't have helped his game much. I also had the pleasure of meeting most of our squad briefly that season and Andrea seemed a genuinely lovely bloke - and the way he continued to clearly love BHA via his blog etc proved my hunch was right for me.

If he ends up at Bolton, I wish him all the very best. Great bloke, great footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here