Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi - what a gent (and a beautiful man)

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I was OK with him leaving until reading that and watching that video... It's so easy to forget all the wonderful things he done mainly last season. Orlandi running from the dugout to celebrate the winner at Forest will stay with me for a long time.. Thank you Andrea! :bowdown::salute::albion2:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

My all-time favourite fave of all time.
The goal he scored against Blackpool (With Spanish Dave)was a genuinely beautiful football moment. Everything he did had an element of class, although he could miss a sitter as well! He even ran like David Beckham..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would it have been impossible to have got him back to 100% for the start of next season ? I don't really know the state of his injuries.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Over the season I've felt we have really suffered from the persistent injuries to our most creative attacking players; Buckley, Orlandi and to a lesser extent Lua Lua. Much as I like the first two I thought it about time we got some consistently present players of their ilk.

Now I've read that he can play in a wheelchair as far as I'm concerned.

Great guy. Great player.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The goal he scored against Blackpool (With Spanish Dave)was a genuinely beautiful football moment. Everything he did had an element of class, although he could miss a sitter as well! He even ran like David Beckham..

Pretty much this. That goal against Blackpool, in the trashing, was a thing of great beauty.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife is not impressed by this news.

image.jpg

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Very sorry to see him go - hope he does well at his next club and get the fitness he needs.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Would it have been impossible to have got him back to 100% for the start of next season ? I don't really know the state of his injuries.

He looked pretty fit to me.........:eek:
In all seriousness, I'll definitely back the #bringbackorlandi campaign.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I am backing the #bringbackorlandi campaign.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So she turned all the pictures on the fridge upside down? Odd.

Taken on my ipad, and they are the right way up on here, as I look at the thread. If I look at work on the PC the image will be upside down. It's [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's fault, obviously.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Yep, best player at the club last season in my opinion and would have returned to that level with games and match fitness. A class act on the ball, caressed it with his touch. BRING HIM BACK.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
How many more times was Calde available but not needed, or there as an unused sub? What are their respective wages? Like we keep saying, it's all about value.

Great bloke. Great player, but increasingly, an expensive luxury.

Spot on, as my son put it would rather have an unfit Orlandi then a lazy couldn't care Agustien. Sell Agustien keep Orlandi - simples.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
How many more times was Calde available but not needed, or there as an unused sub? What are their respective wages? Like we keep saying, it's all about value.

Great bloke. Great player, but increasingly, an expensive luxury.

I get the value thing, but based on our wage structure etc, we are limited in our ability to attract skillful talented players. So to some extent we have to hedge and take risks players who have injuries.

Otherwise we will end up with a bunch of very young players supplemented by some old guys on their way out. (unless of course we can consistently manage to bag gems like Ulloa).

Based on his first season and the fact that he has managed to get back to fitness I think he would have been worth risking a contract.

Plus I don't care if it's emotive*, the way he talks about the club and the enthusiasm he shows on the pitch means something.

*before anyone says there's no place for being emotive or sentimental when making decisions about players........... really? If that's the case why on earth would you care about what happens to a football team you happen to have been born near to or live near?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here