Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi on our current predicament (and Calde's car)

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Haha. I do like Orlandi. Calde's car for the record is one of those big American things that looks a bit like a silver Bentley (a Chrysler I think) - obviously not quite as reliable as the real thing! Have often seen him around Hove in it.

That'll be a Chrysler 300 then. a nice luxurious car to drive especially if you take the V8 Hemi option although a tad thirsty on fuel. Get a black one with some nice wheels and tinted windows and you can go around thinking you're a gangster. :thumbsup:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He's 100% right. Having to bring in 8 players during the summer was a huge risk - especially with Burke at the helm and Bloom admitting diligence was rushed. Add in 7 loans and it's very similar to when the Wilkins team was dismantled during Mickys second stint.

here in lies the problem, bringing in 8 players in the summer then another 7 on loan because the 8 your bought were pants doesnt really help. But apparently Burke etal are doing a great job. We have had a terrible summer and now paying for it. For the first time I have become a bedwetting panic monger of doom. Sort it out Tony!!!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
here in lies the problem, bringing in 8 players in the summer then another 7 on loan because the 8 your bought were pants doesnt really help. But apparently Burke etal are doing a great job. We have had a terrible summer and now paying for it. For the first time I have become a bedwetting panic monger of doom. Sort it out Tony!!!

Surely you have to ask if the 8 brought in during the summer had been successful, how much money would that have saved on loan signings, meaning we could have strengthened further in January for good push in the league. But we are happy to sack Hypia because he can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, whilst Burke gets away with such misuse of the player budget.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Surely you have to ask if the 8 brought in during the summer had been successful, how much money would that have saved on loan signings, meaning we could have strengthened further in January for good push in the league. But we are happy to sack Hypia because he can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, whilst Burke gets away with such misuse of the player budget.

The 8 bought in the summer did seem to be a bit of a panic buy. How many signed in one week? (After the training camp?)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In a previous blog, a few weeks ago, Orlandi alleged that the doctor made a mistake which cost him three months out. That doctor is no longer at the club.

That is one side of the story and it may well be true. However, the only reason we were able to get him in the first place was probably due to his injury record. He played 74 games for Swansea in about 5 seasons, average of 15 games a season!

Yep, get some permanent signings in like Toko, Agustein, Stephens and McCourt and get minutes per pound value in the midfield.

Well every signing is a gamble. Some times you need to know when to cut them loose.

Of those four, I wish they would cut Agustein loose because he doesn't seem close to getting on the pitch. Can't comment on Toko as I (and everyone else) hasn't seen him play. McCourt looks like unlocking the defence but doesn't get a chance. The jury's out for Stephens. If he gets over this injury and has a run in the side I think he will prove to be a good buy.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

It does appear that Burke is beyond reproach at the moment. A friend of mine who claims to be in the know says SH is unhappy with player recruitment system and is basically saying to the club all this is not his fault. How true this is I have no idea. I am personally not a fan of the DOF role. However its TB's train set and he can play with it to his hearts content.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It does appear that Burke is beyond reproach at the moment. A friend of mine who claims to be in the know says SH is unhappy with player recruitment system and is basically saying to the club all this is not his fault. How true this is I have no idea. I am personally not a fan of the DOF role. However its TB's train set and he can play with it to his hearts content.

I can believe your friend when he says Hyppia is unhappy with recruitment, his two predecessors said the same and what has changed.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Nothing and I think more experienced managers may have turned the job down because of the structure at the club. Based on no evidence whatsoever, just a hunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here