Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Andorra vs. England

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
These are a tough team. Sometimes you just have to go route one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good performance, good result, first female ref on a stage like this who did pretty well and was respected - enjoyable evening that :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It really is high time junk like these mountain goat-herders should have to pre-qualify before being cut loose in a World Cup group. Its like air-dropping Barnet into the Champions League.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It really is high time junk like these mountain goat-herders should have to pre-qualify before being cut loose in a World Cup group. Its like air-dropping Barnet into the Champions League.

Andorra has a population of about 77,000 - about a quarter the size of Southampton. A force to be reckoned with.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good performance, good result, first female ref on a stage like this who did pretty well and was respected - enjoyable evening that :thumbsup:

Should have given their number 4 a second yellow. Otherwise she was spot on.

You can only beat what's in front of you. I do find it annoying that the Albion are suspended for a week just as we're going so well, just so we can take on a team that would struggle in League Two. However, given that's where we are and it won't be changing any time soon, I'll continue to support my country and enjoy it when they do well (which playing at altitude on a crap 3G pitch, they did).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Should have given their number 4 a second yellow. Otherwise she was spot on.

You can only beat what's in front of you. I do find it annoying that the Albion are suspended for a week just as we're going so well, just so we can take on a team that would struggle in League Two. However, given that's where we are and it won't be changing any time soon, I'll continue to support my country and enjoy it when they do well (which playing at altitude on a crap 3G pitch, they did).

It’s great times at the moment. I get they’re not up against much in these games but they still have a job to do and often the focus goes on how bad or small the other team is and not our decent performance - as above - can’t win… Tues will be a decent game though - they were very good at the Euros and it’ll be a test.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It’s great times at the moment. I get they’re not up against much in these games but they still have a job to do and often the focus goes on how bad or small the other team is and not our decent performance - as above - can’t win… Tues will be a decent game though - they were very good at the Euros and it’ll be a test.

I did feel slightly guilty enjoying Sock Boy scoring but that was just like back at school where the big kid who was forced to go in goal chucked it up the other end of the playground for the best player in the school to dribble around some kids who were last to be picked before slipping it just inside the fat kid's jumper and into the corner.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Solid performance. Joke of a pitch against a joke of a team. Poor refereeing. Job done.

Is there a commentator more interested in self-aggrandising nonsense than Sam Twatterface? Unbearable to endure

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The most significant thing about this game was that it was a men's England international World Cup qualifier being refereed by a woman. And I thought she did OK. A day of progress all round.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know Sheebo enjoys these, but I could not give a flying **** if England manage to overpower the mighty Andorra. Or indeed a ****ing fly. What a waste of time.

Did you watch it? Are you interested?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There were more England flags in the stadium than home fans! Do Andorrans hate football or something?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There were more England flags in the stadium than home fans! Do Andorrans hate football or something?

I'm guessing that turning up to see your team pummeled every couple of months gets a bit wearing. I think they prefer rugby and winter sports anyway.

I suspect they would be more interested in watching Barcelona as they are really exiled Catalans.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'm guessing that turning up to see your team pummeled every couple of months gets a bit wearing. I think they prefer rugby and winter sports anyway.

I suspect they would be more interested in watching Barcelona as they are really exiled Catalans.

It’s basically a ski resort, not that many of them either!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I know Sheebo enjoys these, but I could not give a flying **** if England manage to overpower the mighty Andorra. Or indeed a ****ing fly. What a waste of time.

As usual NSC is full of people who are so disinterested in something that they cannot wait to go on a thread about it to tell everyone how disinterested they are.

Whilst I tend to agree with [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] that these sorts of sides should pre-qualify (based on FIFA ranking ideally), and that it's quite annoying to have our domestic season interrupted so often, it nevertheless smacks of someone who's saying "I'm not watching the football because it's stopping the football being on" :shrug:

Plenty of positives. One step closer to qualification having given the stiffs a run out, away fans back in a stadium again and a low-key game to blood a female ref. All enjoyable stuff if you take the blinkers off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here